Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app stuck after software update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my software via the Apple store yesterday. I now can’t add an exercise session or click on any of the criteria to look at it. I did a session this morning and so it should say 2 out of 5 days. I started by pressing the red arrow. At the end of my session I went to press stop and finish but could not go into the exercise session. I have turned my phone on and off several times and it still doesn’t work. My app seems to be completely stuck. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Wendichka.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with the Fitbit app after updating your software. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing these steps in the following order:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

If the issue persists, I recommend to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app on your phone.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

4EAE957E-D00B-4690-BC07-B8AAEF7E495A.png

2C13B52A-B8F4-4C7C-8556-A27219BB688E.png

I have done all of the suggestions more than once. Doesn’t work. The activity tile from my dashboard is gone

The activity tile is normally between Pohono Trail and Sleep. The second shot shows what I noe

w see when I click Edit. This is since I deleted and reinstalled the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing works, can't use any "+" buttons such as Exercize, Sleep, Weight, Log water, Log food... ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mila_M @Elbee24.

@Elbee24 Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that the activity tile from your dashboard is gone. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend checking this help article where you can find the steps to add the tiles to the Today app in the Fitbit app: How do I add stats to the Today tab in the Fitbit app? Our team has also started releasing iOS app 3.26.1. Please make sure to update to that version when available and let me know if you continue experiencing any difficulties.

@Mila_M I am sorry to hear you can't use any "+" buttons in the app. I am sorry that you are going through this situation and would like to confirm if you've tried to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it won’t work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Elbee24, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with the app, I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I understand that the activity tile from your dashboard is missing. Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see on your dashboard? I will be glad to investigate further. 

You can follow these steps to attach a screenshot to your next reply: How To: Add An Image To Your Post.

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

since the last update ( yesterday version 3.26.1, nothing is working anymore.

My start screen  ( the clock etc are gone ) i cant get into any app on my watch

He also doesnt synchronise with my phone. 

BAD UPDATE IMO.

when will it be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @nickr85.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that since the last update you're having difficulty syncing your device and you can't get into any app on your watch. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

For complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Please confirm if you experience any difficulties with the Fitbit app.

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes