Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app stuck on looking and won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Charge has not synced to my iPhone app in the past 48 hours. It gets stuck on "looking" for the tracker. I've tried restarting my Bluetooth, turning my phone on and off and pressing the button on the tracker while it is looking for the device. No luck 😞 The silent alarms still work and the stats are up to date on my tracker watch face but that's about it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and every step tried prior to posting. If by any chance your Fitbit device is still not syncing correctly, let me recommend this help article which describes the requirements to connect with your phone, as well as some troubleshooting steps.

@deni12 Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you, I'm sure your post will help other members.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments to prevent any confusion. If you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17
Mine is doing the same thing since apple updated to 10.01
Best Answer
0 Votes
I even went so far as completely deleting my tracker and reattaching it and it took over an hour for it to find it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @saraflex2 @agerrits13 @LynM1. The following steps should help you get your trackers syncing again:

1. Restart your tracker.

2. Reboot your iOS device.

3. Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Keep me posted if this helps you all out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! That was successful
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, it finally synced when I was able to reboot the FitBit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @agerrits13 and @LynM1, thank you so much for your update!, I'm very glad your devices were able to sync once again. In case you have some spare time, I invite you to check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle. Smiley Wink

Feel free to reply if you need anything else. Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't connect my Fitbit to my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tgarrett2010, welcome to the Community!

Which Fitbit device is not connecting to your phone? Are you trying to sync your device or set it up to your account? I would like to recommend you checking our syncing troubleshooting steps and in case your device is still having inconveniences, let me know, I'll be happy to help! Smiley Happy

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This did not work
Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks
Best Answer
I had that problem. I tried restarting my phone, it didn't help, then I deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled it, it didn't helped. Then I fully charged the Fitbit and restarted it by holding the button in until I got a code. It was then able to sync. I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a fitbit one! Love this product and have never had a problem with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tgarrett2010, I hope you're doing well! Adding to @LynM1 tips,

I'd would like to recommend trying to setup your tracker as a new device; don't worry, the information stored in your account so far won't get deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account tab and select Set up a New Device. 
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions and when the app asks you to replace your current tracker, replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and keep me posted if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  that worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

it hasn't worked for me.

anyone else have suggestions? nothing i've done has worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nmarquis84, and welcome to the Community!, I hope you're doing well @jomeer, I'm very glad your tracker is now working fine!

@nmarquis84, if after following our syncing troubleshooting steps and the instructions in my previous post your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about everything you've tried so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

SOLUTION

1. go to bluetooth on your ios device 

2. press sense or your fitbit device name

3. press forget this device

4. then connect it back again to bluetooth

5. open fitbit app and it shoul pair and sync 

did this and it worked!  

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and every step tried prior to posting. If by any chance your Fitbit device is still not syncing correctly, let me recommend this help article which describes the requirements to connect with your phone, as well as some troubleshooting steps.

@deni12 Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you, I'm sure your post will help other members.

I'm going to close this thread from further comments to prevent any confusion. If you have another question, I'd encourage you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes