Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't show steps recorded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit was tracking steps on my Iphone and just suddenly stopped. It shows on my computerr, just not Iphone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@richgal Hey there! Since, you're seeing steps in your computer but not in your iPhone the reason could be that the step tile is hidden in your app, do the following to get it back:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap Edit in the top-right corner.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
  4. Check the circle next to the tile you would like to show.
  5. Tap Done when finished.

P.S. A warm welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

steps will not show up on iphone app or pc, only calories. have followed previous steps to fix problem but still no steps

Best Answer

@jamanfoo Welcome to the Community! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. I believe the reason why you're seeing just calories burned, it's because your tracker hasn't synced. Please try this syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem. Turn off and on the actual fit bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @froggiemama, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit switched from showing steps to showing calories

Best Answer

Hello @CarolePollock51, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit more about the issue you're getting? A screenshot will be very helpful as well for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not getting number of steps on my screen, just calories
Best Answer

Hello @CarolePollock51, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and added some more information to your situation. It seems that you're not able to see the step tile. 

Usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Back on track
Steps now showing
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CarolePollock51, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

several years after the initial post, this solution helped me (Oct 2019) and that was after contacting Fitbit support - usually they're super on top of things!!! thanks for post/help!

Best Answer

That worked.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  That worked!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

I created an account so that I could thank you. My steps disappeared from my app probably almost a year ago and I finally googled it today to see if I can bring them back. Your answer about my Fitbit being accidentally removed from my account was exactly the issue. Thank you again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes same here. June 2022!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad that so much time later, I was able to help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

it won’t work for me. My luxe is fairly new, it shows my steps on its face, but it stopped showing the daily totals on the Fitbit app on my iPhone or my iPad about two weeks ago. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes