Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't update data automatically

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just in the last few days my Fitbit app will not register heart rate and steps. It will only up date if I manually sync the app on my iPhone 7. Tried rebooting the phone and it didn't help. I tried reinstalling the app and it worked ok for a few hours and then same problem again. I also uninstalled my Charge 3 and reinstalled it with no luck. This problem started after I made several app updates from the App store. I'm thinking new update version 3.26.1 is buggy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @wmkep. Welcome on board!

Thanks for sharing that your information isn't syncing automatically. Also, for the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and to work on this together, may I know the OS/software version running on your iPhone 7? Also, did you get an error message on the Fitbit app?

While you've tried some steps, please give a try to the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and forget your Charge 3 from the list.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and from any other device nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your Charge 3 as described here.
  5. Turn on the Bluetooth only in your phone and open the Fitbit app.
  6. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and if a Pair authorization appears, tap pair.

These steps will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between the Charge 3 and the Fitbit app. After that your details should be able to update in the Fitbit app correctly.

Keep me posted with the outcome.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.  I have ISO 13.5.1, I went thru the steps that you outlined and everything seems to be working correctly now. Before the app would for a little while then quit syncing, hopefully this will fix the problem. thanks again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @wmkep. I'm glad to see you here again.

You're welcome and thanks for trying the tips from my post. I'm glad that your information is now syncing correctly. If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me know.

By the way, in case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer