Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not receiving notifications from iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit versa lite for my birthday. I got like 3 texts when I first set it up. Now none at all. I had read somewhere it was a iOS 13.0 issue. Am I right? Is there a fix yet?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Sheriberi39a 

Sorry your having notification issues. Yes Fitbit is aware of the issue and hopefully will address this issue soon in a up and coming update. I can provide you with some steps that have helped some individuals (but not everyone) get there notifications to work again while waiting on the fix. You will see previews of the notifications but there is no know workaround that I’m aware at the moment. Hopefully this will work for you.

Please look at and complete all these steps: 

First open your Fitbit app

Tap your profile picture in upper left

scroll down to the name of your Fitbit and tap it (It’s located just under “My Family”

scroll down and tap notifications 

enable the notifications you want in green 

now simply tap “today” at the bottom of your screen to get back to the main page 

Now lets make sure your iOS device is set up correctly:

go to:

device iOS settings>location services >Fitbit>Always on

also Go to:

iOS setting>Fitbit>Location>Always on

also go to:

iOS settings >notifications >messages>Select always under show previews 

Now Go to your Bluetooth:

1. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device
  2. Turn on the Share System Notifications.

😃 Please let me know if my suggestions gave you the answers you are looking for.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @Sheriberi39a 

Sorry your having notification issues. Yes Fitbit is aware of the issue and hopefully will address this issue soon in a up and coming update. I can provide you with some steps that have helped some individuals (but not everyone) get there notifications to work again while waiting on the fix. You will see previews of the notifications but there is no know workaround that I’m aware at the moment. Hopefully this will work for you.

Please look at and complete all these steps: 

First open your Fitbit app

Tap your profile picture in upper left

scroll down to the name of your Fitbit and tap it (It’s located just under “My Family”

scroll down and tap notifications 

enable the notifications you want in green 

now simply tap “today” at the bottom of your screen to get back to the main page 

Now lets make sure your iOS device is set up correctly:

go to:

device iOS settings>location services >Fitbit>Always on

also Go to:

iOS setting>Fitbit>Location>Always on

also go to:

iOS settings >notifications >messages>Select always under show previews 

Now Go to your Bluetooth:

1. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device
  2. Turn on the Share System Notifications.

😃 Please let me know if my suggestions gave you the answers you are looking for.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!!! I have been fighting with syncing my new iPhone 11 with my Fitbit Versa. I did some troubleshooting with your tips and now everything is working and I am now receiving my texts and call notifications on my Fitbit again. Woohoo!

Best Answer

This is fantastic news @Jo_J !! I’m so happy I was able to help 😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Sheriberi39a 

Are you still having issues with your Fitbit Versa Lit & IPhone 11 getting text and notifications or have my suggestions resolved your issue as well. Please let me know and get back with me. Thank you 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate all the work arounds and Ive tried the above and Im still not able to get the text messages... Any suggestions????

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @hmallen 

As you may be aware of notifications are currently a known issue and Fitbit is aware and working on a fix. My only understanding of trying to get text messages to work is this:

• Allow Notifications—On
  • Alerts > Notification Center—On
  • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked

The only other information I can offer is to view this thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/td-p/3... It’s a lot to read. I completely understand. I would pay attention to the first page of the thread. Then take a peek on the last several pages as I’m seeing some individuals voicing that the tips are working from page 1. Very important that you look to make sure you do indeed have the most updated Fitbit App update from the App Store. It’s quite possible that when the fix does come in it may be through an update. I do truly wish I had more information. 
😃 please let me know if the steps on the thread work for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can’t receive text messages on my brand new Versa 2. I have an iPhone 11 and Have tried all the suggestions and still am unable to get text messages on the Versa 2. Any other suggestions!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @Wantstoknow 

I’m sorry you’re still experiencing notifications issues. The only suggestion I can offer is to keep an eye on this thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/39...

Please pay special attention to page 1 of the tread. The moderator just updated it yesterday. I have no other information but what is already stated in that thread. 
I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I tried your suggestion, however my brand new versa lite still isn't receiving the text messages of calendar notifications. The calls are working fine. Thanks anyway...

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @ron12tine 

Please view this thread here:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/td-p/3...

Its an updated version of the previous thread I provided.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the Fitbit and my iPhone XR. I’ve done everything that has been suggested to fix the problem. Even updating my phone and turning both devices on and off. Nothing 😞 Is there anything I can try?? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It worked for me too 🙂  Very relieved!

Best Answer

I've had my fitbit versa lite for about 3 weeks and have NEVER received text msgs.

I receive calls, emails & Facebook notifications BUT never texts.

I've done all of the steps I've found on various sites and nothing is working.

I did these steps

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! This is the first post I’ve found in two days that fixes my problem!!  

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  I have done an hours worth of troubleshooting with FitBit tech support and still nothing.  Super frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes