Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716

Still isn’t working for me, anything else that came be done?

Best Answer

Mine also isn’t working and I’m still struggling to jump through these hoops. I’m frustrated to say the least.

Best Answer

I am doing a factory reset. Hoping that works.

Best Answer

None of this worked. Really disappointing to pay so much and it doesn’t fully work.

Best Answer

Tried all these steps very carefully 3x. Still no notifications at all.

Charge 2 with IPhone SE running IOS 13.2.3

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my IOS all notifications have stopped working. This was months ago. I’ve taken the steps they advised and still no luck. This is disappointing as this was a feature I valued when I made my purchase. What is Fitbit doing about this? This is unacceptable. Am considering never buying a Fitbit ever again. 

Best Answer

Let us know if that works. 

Best Answer

This still didn't work.  When i get a phone call my fitbit continues to ring for a minute after i answer it.  than every 5 minutes or so i stay on the phone it starts buzzing again telling me i have a new incoming call from the person I'm already on the phone with.  I also rarely get texts on my fitbit anymore. I have a Blaze.

Best Answer

Still does not work for me and I’ve tried three times

Best Answer

None of this is working and my stats are incorrect. I never should have updated it as it was working perfectly before that. I hope this resolved soon as I was hoping to purchase one as a Christmas gift but I think I have changed my mind. 
I understand that fitbit is aware of the issue but thousands of people now have a product they cannot use at all and it has been several weeks.

Best Answer

2 months of not working I try all these steps ever week about. Probably didn’t start until I updated my Fitbit...

Best Answer

I brought it on Saturday and it didn’t track my distance or allow me to make quick replies. I took it back to the shop and got a replacement. Still the same issues. 

$2 watch with $300 price take was what the sales assistant said to me. He was spot on. I am taking it back for a refund,

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

I’ve tried all these tips numerous times but I’m still not receiving notifications!!

Best Answer

i have done every single step more than one time and no success getting notifications for messages or calendar.  only phone calls which i dont want

there has to be some solution after this much time.   to keep saying its because of apple update for this long is wrong.  people paid for your devices

Best Answer
Spoiler
Did everything suggested here. Nothing works. This isn't a recent issue it's been like this for probably a month now. I'm so fed up with fitbit. You've lost me as a customer Fitbit. I'll be looking elsewhere for a better product that doesn't fail with an iOS update. These watches aren't cheap and should certainly function. Waste of hard earned money. 
Best Answer

I have Fitbit Charge 2 and after the fitbit app update this morning and following the steps provided, I am now getting my texts and notifications again on my fitbit screen. This is the first time since updating my iphone 6s plus to IOS 13. So for me everything is finally working again. I hope it stays this way.

Best Answer

Same with me. Phone calls are coming in but my Fitbit continues to buzz well after I answer the call. I'm not getting any other notifications (no texts, app alerts).

Best Answer

I am able to see my text notifications when I follow the steps below.

HOWEVER.

To call this a "resolution" is false. Before iOS 13, I could receive notifications with my previews set to Never. Now I can't. And it doesn't seem like Fitbit has any intention of correcting this. So my question is, is Fitbit working to resolve the actual issue or are you stopping with this workaround?

Best Answer

I went through all of these steps 2x (last night & this AM), and it is still not working. I DO have text/email notifications show up on my Versa screen when I swipe down, but it does NOT vibrate at all. iPhone 11 is also updated. Beyond frustrated. 

Best Answer