Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716

I’ve done everything that it says to do and mines still not working. I’m getting fed up and going to Apple instead!

Best Answer

I had a Charge 2 and right after the iOS update I stopped receiving notifications.  I have recently upgraded to a Versa 2 & I get phone call notifications but still no text after trying the given steps 3 times.

Best Answer

My Versa now vibrates with a phone call but doesn’t for text messages. The texts show up in the notification centre on the Fitbit but it doesn’t vibrate when they come in like it used to so it’s basically useless to me. Might as well check my phone for texts. I 

Best Answer

Mine - all notifications have ceased to exist - hasn't worked in what seems like ages. This is extremely frustrating and I keep getting the runaround about what to do. I have done exactly as suggested and nothing. For such a well known company, I am extremely disappointed. I didn't go with an Apple watch in the first place because of cost, but with something like this not getting resolved in a timely manner; I might have to switch even though this isn't exactly a cheap watch either. 

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

I’m so frustrated too, I bought mine like 6 days ago and Still I haven’t been able to solve the problem, i guess I’ll have to return it cuz I’ve tried multiple times. 

Best Answer

This is not working. I've done all the steps and it will work for a few hours and then everything disconnects again. 

I've restarted my fitbit for the 5th time today (I didn't know how to restart it until I updated to the latest IOS 13) and now its connected to my phone's bluetooth (for music) but it won't connect through the fitbit app. 

Please help!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

The only notification I am not receiving is text message. I get double email and double calendar reminders. I have updated the app, updated iOS, reset my Versa, reset my phone, and triple checked my notification settings. Please help. 

Best Answer

I have gone through these steps multiple times. I am getting all notifications except text messages. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

It’s incredibly frustrating to buy a new Fitbit and have the text/call notifications not work. I too followed the directions numerous times and yielded zero positive results. I’m gonna continuously check this thread for updates, however I will be returning my Charge 3 until Fitbit can find a solution for everyone. 

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - we recently released a new app version, can you please update to 3.11.1.

• If it's still not working can you verify if you are on the latest iOS13.2.3?
  • Can you verify that this happened after updating to iOS 13? 
  • Can you get any notifications at all? 

You may also want to ensure the app is open in the background and that all-day sync is enabled. If it's still not working you may want to try setting up Bluetooth connections again. 

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Restart your phone
  • Restart your tracker
  • Go back to the Fitbit app and try to enable All-day Sync or Notifications again. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I bought the Fitbit inspire today and couldn't set up notifications. After going through all these instructions, it's still not working. When I click on notifications, it keeps loading but nothing happens. 

I'll wait a day or so to see if this is fixed. If not, I'll look at other options. Disappointed that a device with very basic functionality isn't able to do its job. 

Best Answer

I have tried all of these steps. I can get Gmail notification and phone call notiications, but my text/iMessages will not come through on my fitbit Versa. Help? 

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat! It hasn’t been as long as your troubles but nothing is working no matter what I try; and I too purchased the watch for the notifications and the price difference to the Apple Watch. I love the notifications to the Fitbit because I work in a group home and can’t always get to my phone, but with the vibrating for the notifications not working properly I’m missing calls and messages that could be important for work purposes. I still get the notifications, just no vibrating. But the vibration still works for the alarms and the timers. 

Best Answer

Still no luck.

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback. If you post, can you please verify that you are on iOS 13.2.3 and the latest app 3.11.1. Additionally, are you receiving any notifications or nothing at all?  If there are any specifics that happen when following the instructions, like where you are getting stuck, that would be helpful. 

@memily11 restarting your device should help, but it shouldn't be necessary to factory reset. Let me know if it works and if you are still having issues. 

@keekee66 Thanks for verifying you are on the latest OS, can you let me know if it's still not working and which notifications you still aren't receiving? 

@JeffWhiston our team is currently looking into an issue where customers receive a notification of an incoming call, while on the call. When you say rarely get a text message, do you receive any at all? 

@Lynnh68 we are aware that customers receive a notification of an incoming call. Are you still not receiving notifications? Are you on iOS 13.2.3?

@Mel-X Quick replies feature is currently available on devices paired to an Android phone (7.0+). For issues with distance, I recommend posting in a different thread to keep this on-topic. 

@thegoldgofer appreciate the feedback that after today's update you're receiving notifications.

@JenLily I appreciate the feedback and will be sharing this with the team. 

@ozarkchick, @Elise.D.@emilyrrosalie  I've not aware or texts no longer vibrating but available on Versa when you scroll down. Did this only start after updating to iOS 13? Can you verify you are on iOS13.2.3? It may be something to do with Versa. I found this thread that has various troubleshoots for the issue, perhaps this could help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on the latest update of each. I receive phone call notifications but not texts/imessage 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Versa 2.  IPhone 10x running iOS 13.2.3 & my Fitbit app is 3.11.1.  I have checked all notification settings.  I went into Bluetooth & did the “forget” this device. I deleted the app & reinstalled. I turned my phone off.  I just changed from the Charge 2 where I was experiencing the same issue starting after the iOS 13 update.

Best Answer

I apologize I receive phone calls but not texts.

Best Answer

Sometimes i do and sometimes i don't.  It has been better today but i still haven't gotten all of my notification today but i'd say closer to 75%.  I have checked and i have the newest fitbit app and the newest AOS. 

Best Answer

I’ve done all of the steps multiple times. I am updated to latest version of Fitbit OS as well as latest iOS on my Versa and iPhone 11. I have not received text notifications/vibrations since 12/3/19, but I am receiving all other types of notifications/vibrations. This is infuriating because besides to look at the time/date and to track steps, this is the main reason I have a Fitbit. 

Best Answer