Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716

I could happily be patient for a couple of weeks but some of us have had this problem for months. I called Fitbit this week and they have no idea if it will ever be fixed. They just keep telling you to try the same fix which isn’t a fix and I have already lost too much of my life trying it. 

Best Answer

Prior to the IOS 13 update, iPhone users like myself were able to have their "Show Preview" option to NEVER and still receive notifications correctly. Which was part of the reason I used to love Fitbit so much. When will these settings be supported again, if ever? I've been dealing with this issue for months just like the majority of other users on this feed. It's extremely frustrating and taking way too long to come up with a solution rather than a workaround. More information would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Apple is is no hurry on this as Alphabet (google) is set to acquire Fit for like 2 billion which puts google back in direct competition with Apple (I think approval is still pending). Apple probably isn’t helping the developers at Fitbit at all hoping everyone jumps ship to buy an Apple Watch in effort to devalue Fitbit 

Best Answer

**ahem** ! and I just bought my Fitbit!  😖

Best Answer

After 4 months of not receiving notifications and repeatedly following the suggested troubleshooting, I was finally able to resolve the issue of not receiving my notifications on my Versa.  I did a factory reset and then after setting up my fitbit again, I removed the Versa on Bluetooth and “forgot the device” twice.  After this I paired my phone and fitbit the notifications finally started coming through again!

Best Answer
Do you have iPhone or android?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Using iPhone 7 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone
--
Trevor
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone 7
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

A factory reset on Iphone or fitbit versa?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info. I have always thought it mat have something to do with Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I tried that twice and still not fixed.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same things for this Charge 3. Been working for 5 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these techniques work. :(. I don’t get any text message on my ionic. VERY FRUSTRATING 

Best Answer

I too have updated/deleted/restarted several times and text messages still won’t work. Since Google took over Fitbit I have had one problem after another. Been a Fitbit user since 2013 but it might be time for a switch because they don’t seem interested or motivated to fix this issue.

Best Answer

I can’t believe this is still not resolved. This is not a fix. It’s a bandaid that most people do not like including myself. Most do not want their messages set to “always” or “when unlocked”. The fact that it is still not resolved is unacceptable. Obviously Fitbit does not care if it gets resolved. Sad really! These products are not cheap and I used to really like them. You’ve definitely lost a loyal customer of many years and someone who has bought many of your products. 

Best Answer

We appreciate your feedback on this issue. We have created a simplified post with the updated requirements needed for iOS 13 or higher. It can be found here. We will be closing this thread for further comments. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer