Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716
Pls let me know the response

Kind Regards
John
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrated with it I am returning it to Amazon for a refund

Best Answer
0 Votes
Returning my Versa to Amazon as well. It’s a great watch if it would only
work the way it’s advertised to work. One would think after seeing all of
the negative comments from dissatisfied customers Fitbit would get it
together and fix the problem.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

I’ve tried every suggestion. Even reset my phone settings. I’m done trying. I haven’t even had this fitbit for a year. Researching Apple watches now,this isn’t worth the effort anymore. Really a shame because I didn’t want an Apple Watch to begin with. 

Best Answer
Same here!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Or? Be patient for a couple weeks until Fitbit and Apple get it fixed. This is a very important feature, they aren’t ignoring it. Hence the big red banner stating they are aware and working on it. Have patience and faith. Or, get you an Apple Watch. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer

Patient??? I’ve been patient. This has been an issue for 4 months now. I’ve had my Fitbit for 8 months. It’s only worked for 1/2 that time. For a while i was at least getting phone call notifications until I tried more of the suggestions and now I get nothing. I’m very frustrated 

Best Answer

? be patient a couple of weeks. Do you know how long this has been going on? It has been months.

Best Answer

I’m with you Sue515 and every other Fitbit owner. I just got off the phone with customer service and got no where! Because my Fitbit Versa is out of warranty as of 12-25-2019, they can’t/won’t do anything. As I quote “we can offer you a discount on a new Fitbit product”. That’s their solution??🤬. So spend more $ on another product and when a new software update comes out, forget you. 

Best Answer
Got mine in 2019 too. So maybe it will never work. Am waiting a few weeks to see if they can get their problem fixed with Apple. Sounds like people are getting different stories from them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I thought i was the only one STILL having this problem. It’s been months since i did all those tedious troubleshoot steps but i thought I’d give it another shot today. No luck. And after reading everyone’s experiences with Fitbits customer service 😕 Apple Watch here i come............ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the 1st Apple Watch & after 2yrs the screen started to fade! Apple were crap & didn’t want to know. £400 pound down the drain.

Battery life very poor alo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m been having the same problems since updating I have followed all the steps and with still not working 

I’m looking Apple watches now 

Best Answer

Same here...

notifications on watch stopped working on Friday. Before never had a problem.

come on, why we have to wait so long for the solution?! 😡

bought a fitbit for having notifications on a watch good price and long battery life.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit -

But what if you are not allowed to perform most of the steps because your device does not fully pair?

Please see my post Versa 2 and iOS Bluetooth Pairing Failures

Thank you for your continuing support in the Community - yes, I know it's your job, but you always seem to treat your efforts like it is a "calling", sort of like I did until I R-E-T-I-R-E-D - YEA!

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since the problem is with the latest iOS update communicating with Fitbit,
Apple in no hurry to fix this problem with Fitbit because they want us to
go out and buy an Apple Watch! Fitbit needs to step it up on their end and
do something about it.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Didn’t work for me. My watch screen flickers light and dark also.... I’m going to return the watch. I love the Fitbit app, just wish the watch worked. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit or @KateFitbit 

I'm replying to @sams68  post which can be found here  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Not-receiving-notifications-from-iPhone-11/m-p/4060556#M1297...  This just seemed to be more of an appropriate place.

@sams68 was directed to this thread for updates on the notification issue, but what i'm wondering as i'm sure many others here are is when we can expect an update on the issue?  It's  been over a month with no response from Fitbit!

This thread was created on 12/4/19 and last updated on 12/16/19, but its just a continuation of a thread that already existed from June 2019. Fitbit provided an update in October, but the only thing that changed from October to December  was the comment that if it didn't work try again!

As the the notification issue has spread to android devices its clear that maybe the Fitbit app version 3.xx is the issue! Not iOS13.  I'd like to reference the fitbit app update history which can be found here https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2025  .  Currently the app version is 3.13 which means  there have been 13 updates to version 3 and all you guys seem to be doing is fixing bugs and making stability improvements! 

If version 3 of the Fitbit app has that many bugs and is that unstable why hasn't the app been rolled back to version 2.xx? The notification issue wasn't present in version 2!

Is Fitbit even close to identifying the bug in the Fitbit app that is preventing notifications? I'm only asking because its been an ongoing issue with version 3 of the app for several months and there have been almost no updates on the issue

Any update on the notification issue would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
Thank you for the voice you have given to so many of us having this issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This reply is the voice or reason! I have been thinking this all along the way. 
I did and do now have my fitbit charge 3 and my Iphone 11 synced. I had to redo everything, remove the charge from phone, that account. Then nothing would pair.
I had to do the charging and holding the button on the left. Still nothing but I suddenly had the mobiltrack on my iphone. Not sure what that does at all.  

I then noticed that evening I had that update from iPhone and pushed it through, and then redid the charging and holding down button and I have been able to pair my phone and add it it back to to Fitbit and my iPhone. It now works again with my my Weight Watchers App. 
This me deleting apps has been happening since I got my iPhone and when I had my Samsung 8. 
Fitbit told me my Charge 3 is broken but under warranty so sending me a new one.
My husband has no problem on his Blaze but he does not do much with it on his Samsung 8. 

Best Answer