Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716

@KateFitbit I updated iOS, the app AND the Versa per today’s info, then I also removed the Versa from the Fitbit app, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, added the Versa back in. Whew. And it’s working! I figured since I was getting the notifications when swiping down, that it couldn’t hurt to throw in a couple more steps to see if that fixed it. Thank you! I was so discouraged, but now I’m hopeful.  So far I’ve only got texts enabled; hopefully it’ll work for other apps as I add them back in. 

Best Answer

I’m all updated! It started after updating my actual Versa. I didn’t realize there was an update and haven’t updated it since I purchased it (about a year ago). So when I saw the update I did it, and the next day I realized I wasn’t getting the vibrations anymore. I’ve tried everything I can see on here and it hasn’t helped. 

Best Answer

I got a new phone (iPhone 11 pro) and thought maybe the update and new setup would correct the issue, but nothing. I get calls and calendar notifications, but no text messages. 

Best Answer

I’ve tried all the steps outliner, but still not getting calls and texts coming to my Versa 2 from my iPhone 8x

Best Answer

Really frustrated! Only noticed it the other day that I wasn’t getting notifications. Finally had the time to follow it up today to no avial.... 

Any word on what Fitbit are

doing to fix the issue? The worst thing is that the online chat support has now locked me out as well!!!! 😫😫😫

Best Answer

This helped, somewhat. I wasn’t getting ANY message notifications before double checking all these steps. Now I am getting them, but it’s sporadic. I don’t see a pattern in which ones I get and which I don’t. It doesn’t seem to matter the phone type or if my phone is locked or unlocked. I just receive some messages on my Fitbit device and not others. I get phone call notifications, and have been this whole time. Regardless, I don’t like having the message previews on. Is this still being worked on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up deleting my device from the fitbit app and now it won't let me add it because it cannot find the device via Bluetooth.  I even tried from a different phone with no such luck.  I did the same thing the other day and once I reset my fitbit to factory settings, I was able to add it to fitbit app.  After one sync, it quit working again.  What is up?  

Best Answer

Did all u said to do twice and nothing has changed

Best Answer

My app is up to date. My IOS is up to date. My firmware is up to date. Only notifications I don’t get are my sms which is the only ones I need and apparently Fitbit are aware and working to fix but no solution. Extremely frustrating to say the least. All the settings are right just not working. Been probably 2 moths already and no solution 

Best Answer
Same here

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh.... i was already annoyed that the Versa 2 didn't work with the Galaxy Note 10+, so I literally spent $1300 to go back to iphone 11 (multiple reasons)... for $150 "smart watch" that STILL doesn't work.  I am so pissed.  

Best Answer

I have tried each step multiple times throughout the last month. Just did each step again and I am still not receiving text notifications. However I do get phone call notifications. 

Best Answer
I get calls too! And Facebook notifications just not sms
Best Answer

I just got this yesterday and I’m ready to return this and get an Apple Watch. Frustrated at how mediocre functionally the Versa 2 has and doesn’t seemlessly work with an iPhone 8x to receive call, texts or notifications. 

Best Answer

This does not work. Please provide an accurate and working fix and it needs to be today not when Fitbit seems acceptable 

Best Answer

STILL not getting texts. All other notifications come through without an issue. My husband has the same problem and has since iOS 13 came out. 
This is ridiculous, and truly infuriating. 

tried all your troubleshooting tips. Nothing works. It’s been months and you can’t fix a software bug? 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!  Finally it worked.  #3 worked for me...Under notifications - messages - show previews - when unlocked!  Appreciate the help!

Best Answer

I just tried this after the recent update - did not work. I receive 0 notifications. 

Best Answer

This is the 3rd or 4th time my fitbit versa has stopped giving notifications.  Yesterday I updated my versa.  Then today I followed the forum instructions.  I turned my Versa off and it would not turn back on!  So I had to call customer support.  After the phone call I still don’t have notifications on my versa.  Sadly,  this will be my last fitbit device.  Bad device. 

Best Answer

As an IT professional, I get it.  Every time you update an iPhone, something breaks.  It's the nature of the process.  I knew the risk when I updated my iPhone, and sure enough, several things broke, including my Fitbit.  Once people start reporting issues, it's up to Fitbit to find a way to make devices work again.  I seriously hope you guys are working on an update to fix this situation. I followed all the steps in your workaround several times, to no avail.  Please do what you can to get this sorted out.  It's the kind of problem that can send a company into bankruptcy.  As it is, I'm already considering switching to Android, and looking into any other brand of smart watch.

Best Answer