Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge won’t sync to my iPhone 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

i have found my fitbit and haven’t used it for over a year now. I have charged it and have tried to sync it to my iPhone 7 (previously synced to my iPhone 5s). It gets half way through trying to sync and then does not move. Any tips? 

I have deleted and re downloaded the app, I have turned my Bluetooth off and on again, I have turned my phone on and off. Still nothing. 

Please can you advise  use on what to try next? 

Thanks

Nat

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Natti, I hope you're having a great day, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, have you tried to restart your tracker recently? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Restart your tracker once again, only this time leave it plugged in and charging.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.

If you have already tried the suggestions above, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the phone and your tracker. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thank you for your help. Once I reset the tracker it has updated with no issues.

Thanks again for your help,

Natalie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Natti, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done everything sugguested below.  When I get to the process setting up a new device, it trys to searching but can't find my fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kwybenga1, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to join us and sharing your experience with us. Tell me, which tracker are you trying to set up? Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Have you restarted your phone and your tracker as well? If so, please reply to me so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes