Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit device not syncing steps to app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bizarre- Every day the prior day turns to zero steps. So I have 6,000 steps for the week?  Does this have to do with the new update it went through? This is ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Lynn50232 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @ajasgma, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for all your help @Julia_GSmiley Happy

@ajasgma and @Lynn50232 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that as @Julia_G mentioned, the situation you're experiencing might be related to your Fitbit device not syncing correctly during the last few days. If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread by @Julia_G and you're still experiencing issues, please let us know so we can check this further. 

On the other hand, if the troubleshooting steps help you, please mark her post as a solution, this will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, @ajasgma , I have not experienced this on my iOS app, which is up-to-date...

So when you press the back button, all previous days show zero steps, even though you were wearing your Fitbit?

What happens if you click on the step tile.  Do you see something like this picture:

IMG_0810.PNG

Or do you just see zero on this page too?  

As a first step I would recommend logging out of the app and then logging back in again.  Be sure to log back in again using the email address and password you used to create your account.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have logged on I have logged off I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it all with no luck. Those are all the steps I take when there are issues prior to sending out a message

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ajasgma , do you see your steps when you go to the web based program?  Just click on the "dashboard" link at the top right of each page when you are logged on in the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. But unfortunately  the entire app stopped working and showing everywhere 0 . In destination steps even my heart beat and my sleep  tracker  Doesn’t works As well.

And also the battery shows in the red levels (like my battery is low and it’s not) and I synced it like 10 times but the information doesn’t appear

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday my steps showed but disappeared this morning

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @ajasgma , have you chacked, as I mentioned, whether they are shown on your web-based account by clicking on the dashboard link on the Community pages?  (That might help narrow down whether it is an app issue, or something else)

@Lynn50232 it sounds like you have a different issue if your problem is your Fitbit is not syncing.  You might find some of the suggestions in this help article help get your Fitbit syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I’ll check the article because definitely Fitbit customer service is no help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ajasgma  that help article was referenced for @Lynn50232  who I think  is having sync  issues.  I am not sure it will be any use to you...

I think your Fitbit is syncing regularly?  If your steps are showing in your app, that suggests that they synced.  But you can check time and date of last sync by clicking on your Fitbit icon in your app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope not syncing since the 15th

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah... that puts a different light on it.

Not syncing would definitely explain why you are seeing zero steps.

You will find some tips in the article I shared.  I usually find giving my Fitbit a restart (and repeat if necessary) helps get a sync going.  Also turning Bluetooth off, waiting a moment, then turning on again can help.  

Unpairing your Fitbit from BT settings (forget this device) can force a reconnection also helps.

Whatever you do, please do not Remove the Device from your Fitbit app, as you may not be able to add it back in.  Instead, follow the instructions set up as a replacement tracker.

Hopefully one of these steps will get you syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lynn50232 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @ajasgma, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for all your help @Julia_GSmiley Happy

@ajasgma and @Lynn50232 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that as @Julia_G mentioned, the situation you're experiencing might be related to your Fitbit device not syncing correctly during the last few days. If you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread by @Julia_G and you're still experiencing issues, please let us know so we can check this further. 

On the other hand, if the troubleshooting steps help you, please mark her post as a solution, this will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg so very disappointed in FitBit!  My Charge 3 worked for one day!  Yesterday I walked almost 20k steps and it was doing its thing showing numbers on Fitbit and on phone app - until almost midnight when it zeros out on the app and I end up with the same steps as a rock for a day, 956!  I have followed step after step only to be disappointed.  The finally kicker is to call them back today, they explain they can see the issue and that they will open a new ticket so I can start from ground zero again, but there is nothing they can do because the people that can help me don’t work on weekends!  At this point my patience and understanding are running very thin!  Some people work Monday thru Friday and can’t just stop to troubleshoot their faulty products.

I have shut off Bluetooth, reset Fitbit, restarted phone, downloaded app again, reset Fitbit again, double checked all apps up to date, followed suggestions from community (which is awesome), only to be left hanging by Fitbit themselves, so very upsetting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ajasgma I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided more details about this situation. Thanks for letting us know you've already tried to troubleshoot this with our Support Team. As they have already opened a ticket for you, please feel free to reply to them as they will be handling your case from now on. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please keep us updated once our team replies to you. 

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new XR today and can’t get it to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Schuhbop have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If you have recently changed phones, please go to your old phone Bluetooth Settings and remove your device from the list of paired devices. 

Then, open the Fitbit app on your new phone and try to sync. If you're still are unable to, please reply to us so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes