Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit failed to sync after iOS 11 upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, anyone noticed their charge 2 fail to sync after upgrade to iOS 11??

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hey.. could you please attach the screenshot? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work so nothing to see but it fails every day or so. It eventually says “searching” and doesn’t show up I. My iPhone’s Bluetooth settings.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen shot of app ‘looking’. Bluetooth says it is connected to Charge 2.A1FDCC2B-E5EC-478B-BC64-85101DB52527.png

F5EAEF24-1C70-4370-9550-4BD080B75838.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit flex2 is failing to sync after ios11 update. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having this problem as well! So annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there!

Very sorry for the late reply.

This link helped me in resolving my syncing issiues. Alrhough I have repeatedly experienced it again, the help guide shown in the link has consistently been the solution to me. Good luck and more power! 🙂

Link:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there!

Very sorry for the late reply.

This link helped me in resolving my syncing issiues. Alrhough I have repeatedly experienced it again, the help guide shown in the link has consistently been the solution to me. Good luck and more power! 🙂

Link:
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to resolve this by enabling notifications within the Fitbit app (as opposed to iOS’s notifications...the Fitbit notifications are for calls, texts, etc.).  As soon as I did this, it asked me if I would like to pair the device, I selected ‘Pair’ and it took me to the iOS Bluetooth list,  There was an option displayed that I’d not previously seen: ‘Allow new connections’, which was disabled.

I enabled this, it immediately disappeared, and then my Charge HR 2 reappeared in the Bluetooth device list.  I flipped back to the Fitbit app and it synced straight away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new iPhone 8 today. iOS 11.0.2 is the latest version. I’ve restarted the Fitbit, logged in and out of the app, which is up to date. I’ve removed my Fitbit from my profile thinking I could set it up as new and nothing is working. Fitbit probably needs to

updare their app/software ASAP to

correct this. Nothing is working right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

11.0.2 update the other day and my Fitbit no longer syncs with Iphone 5S.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same message even though Bluetooth was on.

Best Answer

@LeaFab wrote:

I got a new iPhone 8 today. iOS 11.0.2 is the latest version. I’ve restarted the Fitbit, logged in and out of the app, which is up to date. I’ve removed my Fitbit from my profile thinking I could set it up as new and nothing is working. Fitbit probably needs to

updare their app/software ASAP to

correct this. Nothing is working right now.

I had similar issue but I realised that's because the Fitbit app takes some time to setup and sync up on a new phone.

I actually removed the Fitbit from the Fitbit app on my old phone. Remove the Fitbit from Bluetooth also on my old phone.

Start Fitbit app on my new phone, setup as per new again and it worked.

Key thing is you must remove Fitbit from the old phone first before u try anything on the new phone.

See if it works. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit wouldn't sync my run from yesterday, too all the advice and now its disappeared and just shows basic info no map or pacing !!!! AAAAAh help its for a challenge I am completing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the steps I outline in my above post?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having trouble syncing every day. Never had this problem. What solutions have been found? I tried deleting and reinstalling app, unlinking and re-linking device. No good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue w/ my Alta...BT on and connected but won’t sync unless turn BT off/on

Best Answer
0 Votes