Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit failed to sync after iOS 11 upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, anyone noticed their charge 2 fail to sync after upgrade to iOS 11??

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Me too...Take a long time to open the apps as well.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem.

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue.

Best Answer

Same here. I got this message while BT is on and connected to the Charge :5197FF83-2DC6-4934-995D-F1C6D7B132E6.png

Best Answer

Hmmmm, turning BT off and on did the trick for me. Weird !

Best Answer

My issue was it kept syncing halfway the the sync bar stopped as though the sync was complete but the data did not come in. However after manually clicking on the sync button for a few times more it managed to sync for me. So not too sure what's the issue.

Best Answer

Kit from the Philippines here. I too am having the same syncing issues. I hope this can be remedied soon. 

Best Answer

The sync troubles were already there BEFORE iOS 11 came out. 

For me that is, and stil happening with iOS 11

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the problem wth sync. I have to reboot the phone before I can get the app to sync. Very inconvenient. 

Best Answer

I didn't have issues before iOS 11.. Mine was apparent after iOS 11. 🤔

Best Answer

Yes, having same problem here. Fitbit needs to put out an app update to address this immediately. People pay a premium for Fitbit in the expectation that the app will be updated as needed; otherwise, users might as well get a better band (w/ heartbeat monitor)  by buying a Miband for $15.

Best Answer

Since the iOS 10 update, my Fitbit no longer vibrates w calls or text messages...

Best Answer

I too keep having problems since the iOS 11 update.  My bluetooth connection keeps getting lost and/or syncing only partially works.  I keep having to forget the device and re-setup and even then it takes several attempts.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Surge not syncing and with error that it is not syncing due to Bluetooth being off when it is on and my Surge is a connected device on the iPhone 6 .  Turning Bluetooth off and back on, along with shutting down Surge and turning it back on from Surge settings does the trick, temporarily, but I have to do it again every day!! The FitBit app needs to be updated / optimized for IOS11 as issue. Please FitBit support your millions of users!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what I see!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no issues with my Surge until this IOS 11 update.  Sadly IOS 10 was better and wish I never updated to IOS11

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sought assistance through Fitbit’s exceptionally good customer service.

I hope this solution that worked to me will also work for you. Please see attached screenshot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, the screenshot was not attached

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just experienced the failure to sync, checked BT is on and Charge2 connected. Just wont sync. Very frustrating.

Best Answer