Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 won't connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello I just purchased a Fitbit flex 2. I charged it all up downloaded the app on my iPhone 5 and was really excited to get started however when I went through the set up was where the problem happened. I went through the whole set up and got to the point where it searches for the tracker which it found. I did the whole double tap on the band and I felt the vibration. Then I got t the Loading screen where it says connecting to Fitbit and that's where I got stuck I've left it up for hours and nothing happens. The light on my Fitbit just slowly blinks blue. No connection on the app. Anyone else having this problem and solved it. Is it a problem with the Bluetooth on my phone and if so can I fix that. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36
I have the exact same problem. I purchased the flex 2 yesterday and it won't connect to my iPhone 6S Plus. I even tried it on an iPhone 6. It still won't work. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?
Best Answer

Hello @LittleGirlLost and @kangkang, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

In this case, my suggestion would be restarting your phone and your Flex 2 if you haven't done it yet and then try to set it up once again. 

To restart it: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

If after doing this process, your Flex 2 is still not setting up to your account, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know the steps you've performed so far, I'm sure they will be happy to assist you further.

Give it a try and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Set up seems to work but gets stuck "connecting" to Iphone SE (iOS 10.1.1). Fully charged devices, tried all recommended steps. Nothing. 
I've tried resetting both the phone and fitbit. I've deleted the app (I had a fitbit hr before, which I had already disconnected) and re-installed it.  
I also did a reste blue tooth. Nothing seems to work. 

I also disconnected other devices (not fitbit) from blue tooth just to be safe, still unable to connect. 

Best Answer
Mine won't connect either 😩
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks everyone for the response I've been in contact with the tech support and they are having me send the pebble to them for assessment and replacement
Best Answer

@Zulana @LindaCompau I would recommend the following steps to help get your Flex 2 paired to your Fitbit account:

1. Restart your Flex 2.

2. Reboot your iOS device.

3. Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

4. Use the replacement setup process to add your tracker to your already-existing Fitbit account.

This should help, but keep me posted either way.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Thank you so much. It is working now 😃

May God bless you,
Linda Compau
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the update! It works now!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did not work. It's very frustrating not being able to find more options to trouble shoot.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LindaCompau and @kangkang, I'm very glad your Flex 2 is working now, thank you for the update! Thank you as well @LittleGirlLost, for letting me know about the resolution provided by our Support Team. Smiley Happy

Hello @Zulana, it's nice to see you around. At this point, I would like to encourage you to contact our Support Team, I'm sure they will be happy to get you back on track. Smiley Wink

I'll be around, keep me posted if you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem! My phone finds my flex 2 but it will not connect. I have tried for 2 days. I reset it and it still won't work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having same issue.  I followed the instructions you gave other people but it still does not work.  I also noticed that the picture on the box shows 5 lights, and it looks like there should be 5 lights on the tracker, but even fully charged and when I did the restart, there are only 3 lights.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rlmckechnie and @stephecl, have a warm welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Having followed @DerrickS's recommendations to setup your Flex 2 as a new device in your account, I would like to encourage you to contact our Support Team; inform them about the steps you've performed so far, I'm positive they will be happy to assist you get back on track. Smiley Wink

Let me know the outcome, I'll be around if you need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Tried restarting Flex 2, turning bluetooth on and off...etc. Nothing works.

Tried text support chat. They claim they are sending me to the right support team but never get back to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called them from app. They are sending me replacement tracker.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted the Support Team on Friday via telephone.  I was told I would be getting an email with instructions on how to return it, but I have not received that email yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LorJ@Zulana and @stephecl, I hope you're doing well! Smiley Happy

@Zulana, I'm very glad our team is sending you a replacement tracker! Robot LOL

@LorJ@stephecl, I was wondering if our Support Team got in contact with you by now; if not, please try to contact them again and provide your previous case number. 

I'll be around, keep me updated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still haven't received an email.  I did not receive a case number, I assumed any information necessary would have been in the email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think you should probably call them again. A reference number was provided for me over the phone and follow up email only took a couple of hours. Your previous request may not have been processed correctly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes