Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit iOS app not showing calorie value for previously eaten foods

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using Fitbit iOS app version 3.36(1013).

After (I think) 2 or 3 updates ago, when you I log a food item on the app, it shows other previously eaten foods below that were eaten earlier with the item I'm logging, but the calorie value for each of those is 0 cals. Which means if I select any of those items from the list, while the item gets logged, its calorie value doesn't. Eg., if with a fried egg I earlier had a slice of toast, when I'm logging a fried egg the toast shows up as previously eaten with the egg, but without a calorie value. To add the toast I need to add another item, look through the recent foods list, and then add it. Earlier, I could add it directly along with egg from the same menu.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same stuff here. You should really address it.IMG_4933.jpeg

Best Answer

I believe you will find the values do indeed book correctly, just not always immediately.

And if you change the serving size from the "last booked" value either leaving it there or setting it back, the "cals in" value will change.

The slow booking applies to the today screen as well, even for those foods without the "recently eaten with" issue.

And yes, this was reported nearly a year ago.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

It does change indeed, but only for this time.

The next time food is displayed in suggested "previously eaten with" then the calorie count is again 0 cals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly as I have witnessed. This needs to be fixed, but it is a display issue and not a data issue, apparently.

Sloppy coding and Quality Assurance, nonetheless. Something that FitBit has been displaying regularly over the last two years.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

That was actually helpful. All foods initially displayed 0 calories and then I had to log out and back into the food log for the calories to update but they finally did. This is SUPER annoying and almost made me give up on the Fitbit app and start using myfitnesspal instead. I even tried to contact Fitbit support but got no help at all. Fitbit is lucky I hate using new apps so I appreciate your post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This affects me too (Ionic / iOS) and my wife (Inspire HR / iOS) and has been going on for some time and several releases of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes