Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync with Vitality App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if it is on Fitbits end or on my Vitality App. I have tried to find out if the two Apps are still working together, or not. I can not get my steps to register on my Vitality App. Other people from my work have been having the same issue. My Vitality App quit registering my steps on March 12th so I don't know if it's a bug issue between the two Apps. Please help if you can.

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Hello @Me71, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

If your Vitality app is not syncing with Fitbit, I would like to suggest restarting the connection between both of them. To do this:

1. Go to the application settings on your online Dashboard.
  2. Locate Vitality and click on Revoke Access.
  3. Open the Vitality app or website. 
  4. Click on the 'Fitness devices and apps' page under the 'Gym and Fitness' section on the Vitality menu
  5. Click on 'Link my Fitbit account'

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi, I had he same problem that my fitbit is not syncing with my vitality app since 3/19. I had tried to restart all the connection as suggested from @MarcoGFitbit , still doesn't work. I also updated all the app and still not showing my steps in vitality. Any other suggestions? Many thanks. 

Best Answer

Hello @Starlingling, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

In this particular case I would like to recommend that after revoking access to Vitality in the applications settings of the online Dashboard, please log out from the Fitbit and Vitality apps. Then, wait for 15 seconds and log back in. Additionally, please go to application settings and make sure Vitality is not listed  before linking the apps again.

Give this a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

On March 22nd, I received the following email from my wellness plan:

"We have been made aware of a problem with Vitality posting points earned via your Fitbit.  Vitality is working to resolve the issue, but currently there is not a resolution date.  Vitality has told us that members do not need to contact customer care, when the problem has been resolved, all the delayed data will come over to Vitality."

Best Answer

Hello @taralee78, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around. 

Thanks for joining the conversation and let me know about the current situation with Vitality, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members in the Community facing with syncing issues between Vitality and Fitbit. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for everyone's reply. It looks like it was problem with vitality. So glad they finally figured out and resolved it. 

Thank you so much again. 

Best Answer

Hello @Starlingling, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply! Smiley Happy

Thank you for confirming with me the issue has now been resolved on Vitality's side, in case you need anything else, please keep me posted, I'll be happy to continue assisting you! Smiley Wink

As always, if you have some spare time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, the problem still has not been resolved. 

Best Answer

Hello @aajune, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

As it seems the problem was resolved on Vitality's side, I would like to suggest you to check my post listed above for instructions about how to reset the connection between both applications. 

Please give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the steps outlined above last Friday, and still can't get Vitality to sync. I am awaiting response from the Vitality team (they use the full two business day limit each time they respond to my case)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got the best input that I have seen .. and it worked for me!

1. Login at www.Fitbit.com, click the Gear icon in the top right corner, choose Settings, then Applications, and finally click "Revoke Access" underneath the words "Access to the Vitality Group, LLC."

2. On your Vitality homepage, locate the "Manage Your Links" section. Once there, click on "DEVICES". Next, click on "Manage" under the Fitbit section. Finally, click on "Delink" to delink your Fitbit device.

3. On your Vitality homepage, locate the "Manage Your Links" section. ?Once there, click on "DEVICES". Next, click on "Link another device". Next, click on "I have a device". On the following page, select "Fitbit". Finally, you will be asked to provide your Fitbit username and password and consent to share your Fitbit data with Vitality.

Best Answer

Hello,

I would love to try this as my Vitality account has randomly decided to stop recording my Fitbit activity but I can't find Manage Your Links on the Vitality homepage? Can you tell me where to find it?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue for the same date. I have contacted discovery Vitality and have emailed multipal times and have not gotten any feedback

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything suggested here and can't get Vitality to recognize a month's worth of Fitbit data.  What do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind

I had to log out

It counts now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

ive tried everything on this page and nothing is working. I don't understand why sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't. I've lost out on a lot of points this way! I don't have time to constantly be login in and out of two different apps to try and sync. No points seem to sync retrospect after 2 days past either. Please help. 

Nancy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

what worked for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps below worked for me. I had to go on the website  and follow the directions below instead of following the steps below on the FitBit app. 

My Issue had to do with Google Fit on Vitality. I synced with Google Fit, not realizing that FitBit stopped working or syncing. Google Fit overrides the FitBit app. When I disconnected Google Fit, my FitBit app picked up my steps but it would not sync with Vitality, so I was not earning points. I had to start over and follow the steps below for the FitBit app to sync. 

1. Login at www.Fitbit.com, click the Gear icon in the top right corner, choose Settings, then Applications, and finally click "Revoke Access" underneath the words "Access to the Vitality Group, LLC."

2. On your Vitality homepage, locate the "Manage Your Links" section. Once there, click on "DEVICES". Next, click on "Manage" under the Fitbit section. Finally, click on "Delink" to delink your Fitbit device.

3. On your Vitality homepage, locate the "Manage Your Links" section. ?Once there, click on "DEVICES". Next, click on "Link another device". Next, click on "I have a device". On the following page, select "Fitbit". Finally, you will be asked to provide your Fitbit username and password and consent to share your Fitbit data with Vitality.

Best Answer
0 Votes