Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit keeps vibrating after answering a call

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I updated to the latest ios my fitbit continues to vibrate and notify me of an incoming call even after I have answered the call.  

Is there a fix in place?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
195 REPLIES 195

When I have a call coming in, blaze keeps notifying even after I have answered the call or the call got disconnected. This happened recently, after I updated to iOS 13 version.

I tried all the possibilities by deleting FitBit app, restarting Blaze, reconnecting Bluetooth, changing notification settings. Issue started with iOS 13 and still exist even after updating to iOS 13.1.2
Is this something FitBit are aware of?

Best Answer

Hi @Dacrowe7 and @Charan546. Welcome! It's good to see a new member around.

Thanks for sharing details about your Blaze's behavior after updating the iOS version, and the steps tried prior posting. This shouldn't happen, and since it's related to the call notifications I'd recommend to try the following:

1. On your Blaze, hold the top right button for 3 seconds and turn off the notifications.
  2. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Blaze > Notifications and turn off call notifications.
  3. Restart your Blaze and reboot your phone.
  4. Turn back on the notifications on your Blaze and the Fitbit app.
  5. Try receiving a call notification one more time.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

I had high hopes but I did what you asked and my Fitbit continues to vibrate and show “incoming call” after I’ve answered the call

Best Answer

My Fitbit Blaze keeps vibrating with the incoming call alert even after I answer the call.  I have answered  a call and hung up after a few seconds and the Blaze is still alerting me.  I don't want to lose the alerts since I am not always holding my phone to feel the vibration (my phone is always muted).  This is VERY annoying and started with IOS 13.

My environment:

• Fitbit Blaze (v. 8.402.1) (Firmware 17.8.402.1)
  • IOS 13.1.2
  • Fitbit app (v. 3.7)
  • iPhone 8  
Best Answer

I tried all the steps posted above but still the issue occurred. While reconnecting and enabling notifications on Fitbit app, I have observed below.

1. Enabled Bluetooth on iPhone and watch settings Bluetooth Classic mode to pair and connected. This time iPhone Bluetooth connected devices showing Blaze (classic).

2. However, when I tried to enable the notifications from Fitbit app which were disabled before restart, again a pop up message received to Bluetooth pairing must be setup. Which I accepted and then I could see Blaze (classic) disconnected and one more Blaze connected.

So something is wrong with Fitbit app or iPhone updated iOS is causing this.

Now under Bluetooth devices, I could see two devices one Blaze and Blaze (classic).

Best Answer

I'm not sure whether the issue is Fitbit's to fix, or Apple's to fix (haha, good luck with that), but in general I've noticed the iOS 13 update to be a buggy mess.  Lots of stuff on both my iPhone and iPad (with the new iPadOS) don't work properly anymore with the new update, from safari fields, to the NY Times Crossword app losing the keyboard, to quick launch icons in the bottom toolbar not working, to the shortcuts app not doing what it's supposed to.

So, the fact that the Fitbit app is now experiencing problems, particularly with incoming calls continuously buzzing (and even outgoing calls now "alerting" me to an active call...like, seriously, I *know* I'm on a call, how do I turn off that issue specifically), isn't all that surprising.  It would be nice to see this issue fixed, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fitbit and Apple point fingers at each other over where the problem lies.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in this thread. I'm sorry for my delay and I'll be here to help you out.

I also appreciate you for trying the steps posted above, you did a good job! I'd like to share with you that our team is aware of this call notifications issues affecting our Blaze users after updating to the iOS 13. Currently they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible, and your comments have been a great help on this investigation. While there isn't a time frame, I'd recommend to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version so the rest of the features continue working correctly.

If you have any other question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer

The sooner, the better.  This issue has me seriously considering whether I should switch to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Thank you for keeping the users updated @LizzyFitbit .

I'm subscribing to this post when there's an update or when the Call Incoming notifications stop 🤣

Best Answer

My phone continues to ring after I have answered a call and it is also vibrating telling me I have an “incoming call” when I call someone. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit this is happening with Charge 3 devices as well so not limitd to just the Blaze devices.

Best Answer

I have same issue since i updated iOS. Also, i noticed that most of other apps were acting up as well but this issue is annoying when blaze keeps vibrating even after we have answered the call. 

Best Answer

Ever since the update to iOS 13 if I place a call or get a incoming call my Fitbit blaze just keeps ringing and ringing and I am unable to perform any functionality on the Fitbit. I have lost all respect for the Fitbit and if this is not resolved by the end of the month will be completely turn into Apple products

Best Answer

What is the latest version? It may be helpful instead of just saying the words to give the information along with this

Best Answer

Hi @Garnet27,

I am not sure, if you have gone through the issues reported by all others in comments where already someone provided version details also.

Here is mine:

iPhone Model: XS Max

iOS: 13.1.2

Fitbit App: 3.7 (872)

Watch model: Blaze (FB502)

Blaze OS Version: 17.8.402.1

Due to security reason, I cannot provide IMEI and other Serial information here, but can share with Fitbit Support, if they are really working on the fix.

Hope this information is helpful to understand the issue. Please let us know, if you are looking for anymore information.

Best Answer

Thank you @LizzyFitbit for your response. Please keep us posted, if we can expect any progress on this issue from Fitbit.

Hoping it's not a Fitbit's/Apple's marketing plan to make users move towards latest models of their own Brands by saying To avoid compatibility issues. Apple will gain for sure with this, as many of Fitbit users are looking towards to Apple watch due to these annoying issues with Fitbit.

Best Answer

No luck 😖

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having followed the instructions my blaze continues to vibrate with incoming call after call has been answered. Suggested fix did not work.

Best Answer

That's what happens when you fire your whole product development team and slowly fade to black.  

Check out fitbit's NYSE value.  It's probably the same shape as their user base.  lolz

Best Answer