Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit keeps vibrating after answering a call

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I updated to the latest ios my fitbit continues to vibrate and notify me of an incoming call even after I have answered the call.  

Is there a fix in place?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
195 REPLIES 195
I agree whole heartedly - it’s a joke really as it is super annoying yet they don’t give a **ahem**

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Started a chat to get someone's attention.  No interaction but got the below instead:

Spatel69_0-1607517750812.png

Going to try as suggested but not hopeful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem. I have a fitbit alta HR. But suddenly, after changing to Premium, this started occuring, and now it bothers me a lot. I wish my phone and the calls would not be connected to my bracelet. But why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can completely turn off the notifications if you don't want them.  Go to your Alta HR device settings on the app>Notifications>then untick calls.

Personally I always have my phone on silent and with vibrate off, so I rely on my Blaze to let me know if there's a call or message coming through.  To stop the constant vibration after I've answered a call I press the button to the left of my device.  It's annoying having to do it, and particularly difficult if I'm driving, but it works.  I would imagine there's something similar you can do with the Alta if you still want the notifications to come through.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have found that I can tap one of the buttons on my Blaze after the call is established. This stops it for that call. I can only imagine how much longer battery life I would get without this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can disable the phone calls and messages notifications in the Fitbit
app
Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I m aware. I would prefer to have a product that works the way it did when I purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. You're better off getting rid of the device and getting an Apple
Watch to be honest. This thread has been going for a long time and no
official response from Fitbit on a fix.

I had the issue on my blaze for over a year, and turned off the call
notifications, then I gave up on using it.

Now, I have an Apple Watch SE and love it. Only thing I liked about my
Blaze more, was the better battery life.
Best Answer
I was thinking Apple Watch would be a great alternative too. Thanks for your candor.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found that if you open the Fitbit app while on the call, it will stop sending the notifications for the call you are currently on.

Best Answer

Hi there is still no update to the issue since 2.5 years not sure if it will be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

Have the same issue on my new Charge 5. 

On Fitbit-Forums I shortly found 3 "discussions" about this same issue; this one here seems to have the most recent "activity".

The other 2 ones are: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-continues-to-vibrate-after-answering-call/td-p/432... and https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-vibrating-during-calls/m-p/4641328/highlight/true

No one describes any final/proper fix. 

Dear Fitbit Forum Admins and/or Support Team: 

Any proper fix for this very annoying and very battery-draining issue, please?? Thanks. 

Best Answer
Because there isn't a fix. Fitbit is lazy and driving everyone to switch to
other platforms by not fixing things like this. I'll say I've been much
more satisfied with my Apple Watch SE over my Charge or Blaze Fitbit. The
only downside to Apple Watch for me, was the battery life being
significantly less.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Sense that is doing this to me.  Drives me crazy!!!!     Both my IOS and Fitbit apps are up to date.

The new problem I am also having...  Invite notifications continue to notify me on the hour LONG after I have accepted and cleared them.

Best Answer

I've just started having issues with my Sense notifications too, although not all the time.  It was working perfectly before.  I suspect it's something to do with the latest Apple update as that's what caused the issues with the Blaze that were never resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t understand why they can just add a separate setting for phone notification and then a length of time.  Like- that notification will go for 7 seconds.  I would be fine with it staying on a second or 2 after I answered my phone, and really only want a “hey I’m ringing” heads up.  If I want to answer it from my arm 7 seconds is plenty of time to do that.  If they can’t make the original method work why not change the settings for that aspect of notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes