Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit keeps vibrating after answering a call

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I updated to the latest ios my fitbit continues to vibrate and notify me of an incoming call even after I have answered the call.  

Is there a fix in place?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
195 REPLIES 195
Nope and don’t hold your breath either!
There’s been total radio silence from Fitbit on this issue for months now which suggests they’ve no plans to fix the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No but if you press the button on the left it will stop it vibrating whilst you’re on the call

Best Answer

When I hit it, it either hangs up the call, or it just clears it and restarts. 

Best Answer
Yeah I gave up hope a while ago on this one
Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer

I'm having this problem with my Fitbit 4.  Crazy that this problem has been ongoing for the better part of a year and little to no response from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve finally had enough & scrapped my Fitbit 🙂 couldn’t be happier with my new iwatch I would never give Fitbit my money again after this issue, it’s shameful that they have never sorted it. I’m done with them!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought the Charge 4 or I would do the same. What is going on with them? Awful.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good choice! They won't acknowledge these posts because they say the
product is already obsolete and they will provide a discount to buy more of
their stuff that will eventually become "obsolete" within a few years. It
seems like a simple software fix to resolve this problem but they won't
spend their resources on it
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well the Charge 4 was just released a month ago so, like you said, that eradicates the obsolete argument.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, I don't even bother to use the phone notifications. Just the
texts...maybe. At least you still have a choice to turn them off.
Best Answer

Oh yes, solid point then. Fitbit won't fix this even on current devices then, that's beyond ridiculous 

Best Answer

Very true point. Turning them off is probably the best workaround but then you don't get notified at all of the phone call (on the Fitbit) 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off notifications as a workaround to fix the problem is like turning off your WiFi router to fix your weak WiFi signal, mad! The feature is there to be used, as advertised! If they don't have the skillset to fix this issue then thats a different matter.

Fitbit should be bringing in their dev team to sort this out but as far as I can see this is not taking place...  Probably politics going on in the background as its not a massive technical issue. Sure my own 40 euro Honor band happily does these notifications without any bother to my iPhone X.

My wife's Fitbit 4 which is less than a week old is buzzing now constantly when anyone rings her... crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so freaking sick of this...  About ready to chunk this Blaze out into the street. Has any one found a fix other than shutting off all Notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If I press the button on the left hand side of the watch (where there is just one button) when it's vibrating it cuts the vibration notification off.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you address the “Active Call” notification? It looks like this has been a problem for over a year and the FitBit moderators are quiet on everything. Don’t see what possible reason I need to know that I’m making a call but it’s REALLY annoying. How about y’all fix this so I can get notifications about inbound calls without a notification that I’m placing a call? If this is not resolved by end of month I am cancelling my subscription and ditching my FitBit in favor of something that suits me better. 

Best Answer
Good luck with getting a response on this. You're better off to just
upgrade to a better watch from a company that will support its products
when issues arise. You're right, this has been an issue for well over a
year and no response from Fitbit on the issue yet. All they will do is
offer a discount to get a new device model
Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, 

I'm not sure if you are just a moderator or an actual Fitbit employee.  

Is Fitbit ever going to address this?  It's been 14+ months.  Did Fitbit ever post anything publically (potentially recall type notification) to address this issue with their affected users? How about pushing a notification out through the app to Blaze users with a remedy or an apology???  I found roughly 25 different posts/threads with this same issue.  This one has 176 replies, 177 after I hit send.  

I called the service center several times over the last year.  A few months ago I finally got someone on the phone.  They were somewhere far overseas, spoke very broken English, but most importantly was absolutely no help at all.  I asked about a replacement and/or discount towards a new watch and he said there are no offers.  I am appalled by the lack of Customer Service and complete disregard for current customers.  I was an extremely loyal Fitbit customer.  I was on my 5th personal device and I  purchased 5 Fitbit's as gifts for family members over the years.  

Post Date 12/8/2020

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah - it’s been pathetic - last Fitbit I’ll ever bother with

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
@kh901

I gave up on Fitbit and purchased an Apple Watch about 6 months ago - Obviously more expensive but I’m really happy with it.

Fitbit’s silence and failure to respond to this thread tells you all you need to know about their attitude to customer care.
Shameful behaviour 👎

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes