Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit no longer pulling food log data from Nutritionix after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Myself and 3 of my friends have been logging our food with Nutritionix and using Fitbit to track activity, weight, sleep, and water. All 4 of us noticed that Fitbit is no longer showing the food data pushed to it as of yesterday afternoon. I’ve attempted to unsync/re-sync from Nutritionix side but that didn’t seem to do anything. Please help! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It seems to be working for me now too. 👍

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

This is happening for me as well. I have tried getting help from Fitbit and they say I have to go Nutritionix for help with this. I have messaged them several times with no response. 🤷

Best Answer

Still an ongoing issue and since Nutritionix is still syncing fine to Apple Health, I’m pretty sure the issue in on the Fitbit end. I really need to get this fixed as I’m about to have 100 people start a research study and we need their Nutritionix food data to come over to Fitbit so that my team can pull their food data along with their Fitbit activity and weight data using Fitabase. Otherwise, I might have to go another route and Fitbit will lose out on me purchasing 100 Fitbit Inspire HRs and Aria scales. 🤦🏼‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on Android, not IOS if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted FitBit again and they are insisting its not on their end. I have sent several emails to Nutritionix but no response.   Their emails are biz@nutritionix.com and support@nutritionix.com, btw. There is no other contact information that I can find. The last time the app was updated was on 5/18 and this issue started for me 5/20.

Frustrated with this!

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Myself and two of my colleagues have also tried calling Fitbit support and encountered the same unhelpful and dismissive responses. We’ve also been struggling to get ahold of Nutritionix. Very frustrating indeed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To make things more frustrating, one of my coworker’s brand new Fitbit Aria Air scale stopped syncing to her Fitbit today. She called on that and also got zero help. The rep she spoke to didn’t even realize that it’s a Bluetooth scale and kept insisting she check her WiFi router which has absolutely nothing to do with the scale or her Android phone that wasn’t connected to the WiFi and was syncing just fine to her Inspire HR (via Bluetooth). I’m honestly shocked by the level of incompetence that I’ve encountered with Fitbit support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:

Nutritionix finally got back to me. 

"Our engineering team is working to resolve this issue asap. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We hope to have it resolved asap. Thank you for letting us know. "

Hopefully this is resolved soon. 
Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community and reporting the issue with Nutritionix and Fitbit.  

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. @LolaFilana thank you for sharing a response from Nutritionix that they are aware of the issue and working on the fix. I appreciate your time and efforts and hope the issue is resolved soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  This is still an issue and they have not addressed it yet. I have followed up with them since this post and they have not responded. It would be great is someone from FB could reach out to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ITS WORKING! 🙂

Response from Nutritionix:

"

Thank you for your patience. We greatly appreciate it!

Our engineering team has resolved this issue. In order to get Fitbit to push data correctly again, please turn off the Fitbit sync and force close Track. Reopen Track and please reactivate Fitbit (you will need to log into Fitbit again).

If issues persist after these steps, please let us know. Thank you so much and we apologize for the inconvenience!

."

Best Answer

Great news but mine is still broken.  Did you have to install a new version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to disconnect in Track, then reconnect, then log your food and it will sync. After about a day you have to do the same thing.  It's super annoying. I have reported this issue but have not heard back.  Can you please also message them? The more the better.  Its definitely on their end. 

https://www.nutritionix.com/contact

support@nutritionix.com

Best Answer

I got it working, kinda.  Seems to log about 1/2 my food.  I contacted Nutrionix but never heard back.  I'll try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LolaFilana @jmengate, thank you for your participation in the Forums.

@LolaFilana thank you for sharing the update from Nutritionix. I really appreciate your efforts and your time and hope the issue will be resolved fully soon. 

@jmengate thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue and sharing your experience. I recommend to keep working with Nutrionix and hope the issue is resolved soon.

For information about connecting Fitbit account with another app, see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.  We are all clearly still having issues. Here is the most recent response from Nutritionix (below). They obviously thing the issue is resolved.  Please email them from: https://www.nutritionix.com/contact to let them know you are still having issues.  

"Hi Lorraine, 
We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties. Our team has not been able to replicate the issue you are experiencing, nor have we received any similar reports since the fix. However, our engineering team is further investigating the issue. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, if you know the specific amount of calories you burned, you can also say “Burned 300 calories”. These calories burned will appear in your food log under "General Workout". 

Thanks,
Ashley"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some good news.  At the suggestion of Nutritionix, I Uninstalled/reinstalled the app.  Been 2 days and seems to be working.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Best Answer

It seems to be working for me now too. 👍

Best Answer

Hi @LolaFilana @jmengate, thank you for your replies.

I am glad to hear the issue with Nutritionix is resolved. Thank you for posting the updates here. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes