Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracker not syncing after updating to iOS11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit and iPhone not talking after iOS 11 update have booted an rooted uninstalled etc please let me know if u have a fix x

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mikelovesmike, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest the following:

• Restart your phone
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices that might affect the syncing process.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on.

If your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hello @Mikelovesmike, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest the following:

• Restart your phone
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices that might affect the syncing process.

If your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thanks for your help fixed the problem I’m fitbitting again

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

All fixed thanks for your help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mikelovesmike, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day, I'm very glad Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge HR would not sync after I installed IOS11. So I tried to update app and it went into a loop. So I deleted app and reinstalled new app and it will not let me complete installation, it says email exists.

Please Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync correctly with ios11 either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a mess could not sync with IOS11 so I deleted the app now I cannot
reinstall new app, it says that my email address (josephnewton2@verizon.net)
is being used by a person. The answer is yes it is me.

How do we fix the 2 problems?

Thanks

Joe Newton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Stopped syncing since ios11. Deleted device and tried to re-add but it just says it’s ‘searching’. Sort it out Fitbit! 

Best Answer

For me only this step works. No need to remove and add tracker .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried syncing after an update to iOS11.1 but my Charge 2 not sync.  I tried everything below and have even deleted the FitBit and tried to reinstall it.  Still unable to sync... any other thoughts?

Best Answer

Yea, that was the first thing I tried and it didn't work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the same tack, just wondering if FitBit have any plans to re-enable the connectedGPS functionality on the Charge 2? Used to work perfectly but now doesn’t as backed up by many other posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of this and nothing is working 😞

Best Answer

I have tried ALL of the above, I chatted online with Fitbit for about 2 hours trying to figure this out, I chatted online with Apple and still cannot get my Alta and my iPhone 7S plus to communicate!  Is Fitbit compatible with iOS 11.1.2?   This just happened to me on Wednesday night so very frustrated!  Please help!  I was blaming Apple because I was also unable to play music in my Tahoe via the USB port, luckily I was able to search and find a solution for that issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

try this.  you will need a new battery because all day sync drains the battery and its too weak too sync.  With my 4th battery  ( yes it drained 3 in a few days about a day each)  I turned off all day sync.  And whenever i go to the app it syncs.  So far so good its been 3 days now

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you buy a new battery? Isn’t that just buying a new Fitbit? Looking online at Fitbit there is not an option to buy just a battery. I have an Alta. Maybe in different models it’s an option but I don’t see it for the Alta.

Sandi
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
sorry it was for the flex which does change batteries

when i spoke to fitbit tech support they admitted that they haven’t yet fixed the apple sync to all the pocket ones
like one, ultra and flex

i believe that apple is no longer supporting trackers because they want to push their watch,,, but of course fit bit will still try to make it work

these things usually take a few weeks for someone like fitbit to write software workaround
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I could say this solution worked for me. However, I have a brand new Charge 2 that I can not sync to my phone. I have tried all of the above and nothing works. I don't even have an account icon. Please help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up just creating a new account with an old email address and it seems to work - there was a MAJOR update that downloaded when I was setting up - so I'm sure that was the issue.  I would ideally like to just delete the account I just created and remove the app from my phone and reinstall - but after spending hours and hours trying to figure this out - I am just happy it works.  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE to navigate!

Best Answer
0 Votes