Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracker not syncing correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit will not Sync past half way therefore nothing is showing or is accurate.  I have rebooted my phone and still nothing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @Winkeewoo, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Which tracker are you currently using? Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? If so, I would like to suggest to you these steps:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on. 
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  4. Make sure there's no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 

If your tracker is still not syncing correctly my best recommendation would be setting it up as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, this won't remove any of the information stored in your account so far. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I got a new iPhone 7 about 2 weeks ago and my achievements and friends didn’t transfer over. I had to reactivate / reinstall my Charge HR

I did as you recommended and turned off my Bluetooth.....for 15 seconds and I powered off my phone....nothing is working 😩. It gets as far as the “T” on Today and that’s as far as it will SYNC to.

Louise
(Winkeewoo)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem since updating to iOS 11.00.1 on iPhone 6s. Haven’t been able to update it for days!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Winkeewoo, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing fine. It's nice to have you on board @KirstyPat23, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

@Winkeewoo, this seems like a very odd situation, as all of your information gets stored in our servers, not your phone, meaning that once you log in to your account on another device, the information about your friends and achievements should be available. In this case I would like to ask you for a screenshot of what you're able to see when you try to sync your tracker so I can check this further. 

@KirstyPat23, have you restarted your tracker and updated the Fitbit app recently? If so, please try the troubleshooting steps listed above and let me know the outcome. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi....still no change! 

78C33C7C-EC77-4060-B1B1-F3917729DBF1.png

This is as far as it goes!  

I have reset, powered down my phone  etc and still it isn’t syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Flex, that does not show the steps. my first light flashes, but none will light after that. The app shows the correct number of steps, but the graphic does not. However when I recharge it all the lights work. I have tried setting it up as a new device, but the problem continues. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Winkeewoo, thanks for taking the time to reply and send me the screenshots. Thanks for joining the conversation @BobbieH, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Winkeewoo, when was the last time you set up your tracker as a new device? If you have done it in the last couple of days and your Charge HR is still not syncing, please uninstall the Fitbit app, restart your phone and install it again. Also, make sure you have a strong WiiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process. 

@BobbieH, have you restarted your Flex lately? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the graphic you mention is not showing the correct amount of steps. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well.  

Best Answer
Thanks Margo, here is a screen shot from yesterday.
Bobbie

Ephesians 3:14-21
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BobbieH, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Unfortunately the screenshot you sent didn't come through. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with it again? Please follow these steps in order to upload it and attach it to your reply.

I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

02E34618-F196-4E7D-A66A-0A9B40F155CF.png

Did this work?  I even went as far a getting another Fitbit Charge HR and still can’t go past where is shows in the picture 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Winkeewoo, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. 

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. I have an Alta hr and nothing is working. I just updated my app yesterday and it's been messed up ever since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Marco.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a FitBit Versa not even one week ago and I’ve had to “remove the device” and restart the entire process twice now. Is this ever going to end? When will it continue to work on its own? 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Trudd3, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have removed the Versa from the account and set it up a couple of times. If your watch is still having trouble syncing, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all of this already. Still not syncing.

Kindly,
Tessa Ruddock

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Trudd3, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer