Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit will not sync wih my iPad

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can't sync with my iPad. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Has it synced before and has now stopped or has it never synced?

If it has never synced, what iPad model do you have? (it doesn't work with the iPad 1 or iPad 2)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi there,

If you are having issues getting your Fitbit tracker to sync to any supported iOS device, the recommended troubleshooting steps are as follows:

Verify the following requirements and try the troubleshooting steps. If you're unable to sync after troubleshooting, please contact Fitbit Customer Support.

Requirements

First, verify the following:

1. You're attempting to sync with a supported device. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. Your iOS software is updated to the latest version.Verify by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. 
  3. Bluetooth is enabled in iOS settings.

Troubleshooting

If your tracker is still not syncing to a supported iOS device, complete the following steps:

1. Restart your tracker. See How do I restart my tracker? for instructions.
  2. After your tracker has restarted, reboot your iOS device and then open the Fitbit app to initiate a sync.
  3. If you're still having trouble, set up your tracker as a new device by following the instructions inSetting up Your Tracker with the Fitbit app for iOS.  Note that if you have not synced in over 24 hours, your activity data for previous days will be lost and only today’s data will remain.

Note that Fitbit mobile syncing works best with iOS 7.1. If you would like to improve Fitbit mobile syncing, please update your iOS to the latest version by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Has it synced before and has now stopped or has it never synced?

If it has never synced, what iPad model do you have? (it doesn't work with the iPad 1 or iPad 2)

Best Answer
SteveH-not sure about info of not working with iPad . That is what I have and until this morning it always synced to that as well as my Motorola Droid. Now It won't sync to either and no matter how many times I get that "Bluetooth reset/on off message" and follow it-it has not solved it AND the message is still continuing to plaque my screen. Help?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit one won't sync with my iPad. It syncs with my droid phone with no problem. I have the current version of ios, I've reinstalled the app and I've reset my fitbit one. What else?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same trouble. I have repeatedly asked for help from fitbit, but only get useless comments on whether my device is supported. According to their own website it is!
Best Answer

Mine isn't syncing with anything today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

If you are having issues getting your Fitbit tracker to sync to any supported iOS device, the recommended troubleshooting steps are as follows:

Verify the following requirements and try the troubleshooting steps. If you're unable to sync after troubleshooting, please contact Fitbit Customer Support.

Requirements

First, verify the following:

1. You're attempting to sync with a supported device. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. Your iOS software is updated to the latest version.Verify by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates. 
  3. Bluetooth is enabled in iOS settings.

Troubleshooting

If your tracker is still not syncing to a supported iOS device, complete the following steps:

1. Restart your tracker. See How do I restart my tracker? for instructions.
  2. After your tracker has restarted, reboot your iOS device and then open the Fitbit app to initiate a sync.
  3. If you're still having trouble, set up your tracker as a new device by following the instructions inSetting up Your Tracker with the Fitbit app for iOS.  Note that if you have not synced in over 24 hours, your activity data for previous days will be lost and only today’s data will remain.

Note that Fitbit mobile syncing works best with iOS 7.1. If you would like to improve Fitbit mobile syncing, please update your iOS to the latest version by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

Emily | Community Moderator, Fitbit

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

Many thanks, that  fixed my problem

Best Answer
I have an iPad2 and it works perfectly with both my iPhone4s and the iPad. Might be newer software?
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.  I will try all that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just got fitbit for Mother's Day. Tried to get ipad 3 and iPhone 5 to sync. No luck. I am using two different email addresses because that's what is recommended. No such luck!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Synced before, not now. Have tried basic solutions.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Most of you didn't receive a follow up message. I took the liberty to review your posts and offer you further assistance regarding your syncing inconveniences.

@PBolchover You got it! I really wish that you enjoy your Fitbit experience Smiley Wink

@lambodog Glad to know that you're not experiencing any syncing issues with both iOS devices. Remember that, even though the iPad 2 is not a supported device for syncing, you'll be able to log food, activities and some others things into the app. You'll be able to see your stats updated as long as you're nearby a computer with the USB dongle plugged in and the software installed. There are updates for the Fitbit app for iOS devices, make sure to check the updates Smiley Happy

@walking123 Let me know if the steps worked for you.

@Carolmofst Have you synced before with your tracker? What Fitbit do you have? Have you attempt to set up your tracker first? If you're only using a Fitbit tracker, you don't need to set up two Fitbit accounts. With a unique account you can sync with both devices. Here you can read more about how to set up a Fitbit device with an iPhone or iPad. 

@Dbhawg  What iPad generation are you using? The exact name may be helpful. 

Again, thank your joining the Fitbit Community! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did all you said and it still won't sync. It also shows battery low (red), but the fitbit itself has four lights when placed in the charger
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kilror1951! I noticed you reached out to Support to let them know about your syncing issues. I went ahead and responded to your case. When you have time, please check your inbox and let me know if you need any questions. Looking forward to resolve it Smiley Wink   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I updated to IOS 8.2 I can't get the fitbit app.Not even The Apple store could do it.I was told fitbit has not updated yet.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@maped Thanks for the details. That's sounds strange. What do you mean with not getting the app? Are you unable to locate it or are you unable to update the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@maped What if you select "iPhone only" from the top navigation in the App Store? You should see the app in search results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.. I replaced the fitbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer