Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit will not sync wih my iPad

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can't sync with my iPad. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

@Kilror1951 Thanks for the follow-up! Hope you have a better experience from now. Happy Stepping Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorEdgar | Community Moderator

You're what you eat. Want to feel great? Get Fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 2 will not sync and as never synced with either my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone 7 . Any suggestions as to how I solve the problem which as frustrated me all day 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys

I have a new charge 2, but I can't use it because it won't sync with my mobile (iphone 4) or ipad (ipad 2) or my MacBook Pro (which is brand new - as it won't pair - only works once you've synced it with your mobile device). Personally I think it's pretty poor that fitbit doesn't work with all these different devices. There should be a disclaimer that says clearly it can't be used with a laptop or the latest model devices, therefore don't bother upgrading your fitbit because nothing will work! Or they should include a dongle. Crazy (and poor) product choice fitbit, because now you have another very dsgruntled customer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't get it to pair with my iPhone 7 or iPad and I've sent it back and I will not buy another as the support was useless.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's Charge 2 will not sync with her I pad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is no longer syncing with my iPad?

Best Answer

I am surprised these are so many issues wit fitbit and that their support is so poor. I find this amazing in this day and age. It's not like fitbit is a little company - very poor product and customer service I feel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very true I had a Fitbit and I found the support very poor after I couldn't sync to my phone or pad and ended up sending it back .

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit syncs to my iPhone but shows 0 steps on iPad and hasnt for last two weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was awesome!! I followed the directions and it worked!! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has alsways synced until I got a new iPad today. Now it is stuck at the stats from this morning before I got the new device. Someone said to delete the app and reinstall, but it didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes but this week it only seems to last for 1 or 2 days

@SteveH wrote:

Has it synced before and has now stopped or has it never synced?

If it has never synced, what iPad model do you have? (it doesn't work with the iPad 1 or iPad 2)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes

@SteveH wrote:

Has it synced before and has now stopped or has it never synced?

If it has never synced, what iPad model do you have? (it doesn't work with the iPad 1 or iPad 2)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed I’ve never been able to sync my iPad I have no other blue tooth associated with my iPad and it never has synched.  Wrist band fell apart they sent a new one starting to have issues if it. Reams again I’m done ridiculous no support or service it’s as bad as amazon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can no longer get my Fitbit one to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is less than a week old. Last night it lost heartbeat at 1:41 a.m. . I used advice on forums, reboot, restart, placed on charger. No results. I started walking and about 30 min in, the heartbeat returned about 1045 am. This afternoon it would not update steps and miles. It lost iPad (pro)sync and I can’t restore it. It has been synced to phone and iPad since I received it. lost both, now Apple phone resynced, but cannot get iPad to sync. Rebooted both blaze and iPad, numerous times. Tried everything iPad Bluetooth won’t recognize device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JanJack, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. I'm glad your Blaze's heart rate tracker is now working. Now, please note that your Blaze will not sync nor pair through the Bluetooth settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. At this moment I would like to ask you to check and try the following steps to help with the syncing issues:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it was synced before

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is setup on my iphone and iPad and I used to be able to sync either units. Now it will only sync with one unit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem.  Fitbit Inspire HR syncs with my iPhone (after restarting Fitbit and turning bluetooth off and on again on phone), but it is not even recognized now on my iPad.  Was working fine until I updated to latest iOS, 13.6, a couple days ago.  Also, restorative sleep not giving me a graph of heart rate for last several days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes