Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won’t connect via Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything. My Fitbit randomly disconnected from my Bluetooth and won’t sync, of course. I’ve turned my phone off and back on, updated the app and it still won’t connect. Help please! I’m losing my challenge because I can’t update with 60,000+ steps! And I miss tracking my sleep!

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

I've bought a Sense and the problem seems to be linked to the Quick Replies and Bluetooth. Bluetooth does not connect in the standard set up. 

Also it does not seem to like Wifi either which is another thing it asks for during the setup process. Just does not connect. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the steps. When i deleted the device and reinstalled the app to set up new, it finds my Alta hr but never connects. Bluetooth is on and no other devices connected. I repeated with my iPad and the same results. Now the Alta hr just shows a white circle with an exclamation point. Frustrating. Is it fixable at this point? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset my device and now bluetooth does not detect my versa lite.. Am stuck.. Has anyone managed to find a solve.. Versa lite now just a paperweight

Best Answer

Bluetooth connections and Fitbit are a constant issue. I don’t know why they can’t get it to work consistently and it is very frustrating. A Fitbit update just came through and I ran it…Bluetooth is working great again. But I know that the next iOS update will mess it up again.  Sorry…wish I could give you answers. Only the .Fitbit company can do that I guess.

Best Answer
I’m afraid I gave in and bought an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Finally tried factory reset and that worked.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @CincyDuke.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can make new friends and create new topics.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fit bit uses Bluetooth for pairing. A question, Bluebboo has been pairing has work on axTesla for 3+ years. Why not your prod. Do you employees not know haw to Wright software?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firbite software engineering don’t know code

Best Answer
0 Votes

After about a week of not being able to pair my Fitbit again, I finally got it. I factory reset my phone and when I tried to pair it again it would get to the part where it asks for the 4 digit code. I put in the code and then it would just sit forever and say it was taking too long and couldn't pair. Meanwhile the Fitbit device would show tue Fitbit logo and say to download or update the app. 

I tried turning my Bluetooth on/off on my phone. I tried uninstalling the app, restarting my phone, then reinstalling. Not thing helped. 

Finally it hite that I would try to reset the Fitbit. That did the trick.  button, swipe left for SETTINGS, swipe up to ABOUT, swipe up to CLEAR USER DATA. 

If this doesn't help, you may want to try the REBOOT DEVICE option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work. Have followed all these steps 100 times. Decided the Charge 4 must be broken, so I went and bought the new Charge 5. No change - my phone (Samsung Z flip) says it has found the new device but then just sits on the 'connecting' stage for minutes until it offers to 'try again'. Turning bluetooth on and off again / deleting and reinstalling fitbit app / turning phone off and on again - none of these steps make a difference, yet that's all the help you offer. I have had fitbit watches for years - but I think I am done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Harry,

We are all just Fitbit users trying to help each other. 
My latest realization is that Fitbit will only connect to one device through Bluetooth. So if, like me, you have a phone and an iPad you will not get them both to connect through Bluetooth. 
Hope this helps 

Best Answer
No, I only connect through my Samsung phone. It has worked for years, but I just found out that Samsung upgraded to Android13 in December, and Fitbit is not compatible. Fitbit have said they will fix this in the new year. I am waiting.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

I disconnected it from my iPad and it immediately connected to my iPhone.  Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes