Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't stay synced to my iphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit won't stay synced. My iPhone keeps looking for it. What could be wrong
Best Answer
0 Votes
58 REPLIES 58

Charge 3 Fitbit

iPhone 7, IOS version12.2

Version 20001.49.45

Fitbit 2.92 (826)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times.  I have turned the bluetooth off and on multiple times.  There are no other devices blue-toothed to my phone.  I have "forget this device" multiple times.  I have turned my phone off and on multiple times.  I have made sure there are no updates to the app.

Sometimes it works for a day, but most of the time it will not sync.  I do not get my texts, calls or calendar updates on my Fitbit the vast majority of the time.  So frustrating and as I mentioned, I wish I would have gotten an Apple Watch instead.  

Best Answer

Hello @Anne1108 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. 

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting for a response - how long do you think it will be.   So frustrating that my Fitbit does not do what it was expected and advertised to do.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Anne1108 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I have reached our Support team and noticed they have already contacted you and you have recently replied. Please note that it might take our team from 24 to 48 to reply depending on the volume of requests. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit 3 will not stay on the ALL-DAY SYNC mode

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlf25 thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

At this moment, would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit more about your issue? Is the Charge 3 not syncing even when All-day Sync is on? Is the feature turning off by itself? Have you tried restarting your Charge 3? 

This information will be very useful for us so we can check this further and determine what we should do next. Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No when I try to set the all day sync on it just circles. And then kicks
it off??? I have tribute syncing it and it says paired but doesn’t work
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I received a replacement and the device has been working perfectly. Second one.

My previous would not all day sync, only manual. So frustrating.
Thanks!
Anne

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get a replacement??
Best Answer
0 Votes
I originally posted on the community forum on Fit Bit website. I complained about it not working and regretting not spending the extra money to get an Apple Watch. I do not thing Fit Bit likes the public complaining.

I almost immediately got a private e-mails from Customer Service asking me to perform multiple troubleshooting items.

I did everything multiple times, it would work for a few days, then stop all day syncing.

Eventually, CS said they could no longer help me so they sent me a new one - this happened twice.

Keep pushing - mine was only a few months old, not sure if that helped?

Good Luck!

Anne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlf25 and @Anne1108 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

@Anne1108 thanks for sharing your experience with us and for letting us know our Support Team was able to replace your device, I'm very glad. 

@dlf25, at this moment I would like suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then restart your phone and go back to the Fitbit app and try to enable All-day Sync. 

Give this a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!! I contacted customer service and they helped me get my Fitbit
3 working!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlf25 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem with my FitBit Versa for almost a week now. I’ve had several FitBits in the past and have never had this problem. I’ve had this Versa for 6 months and it has just started doing this. I’ve removed and rebooted the device several times each day. I have removed and redone loaded the app. I have restarted both my phone and my device to no avail. I’ve called customer service and was treated like I was a new customer oblivious to how my device should operate. The fixes provided do not work. Can there be an operational fix performed by the company so that the multitude of people commenting on the same post can find an alternative to going to another tracker? Thanks.

Best Answer

Ugh, so frustrating!  

I have finally given up with my device - so much time wasted trying to reboot, turn off and on, etc.   I still wear it and manually sync it at the end of the day, but it will not all day sync - no texts, calls, calendar alerts - but it does track my workouts, sleep, etc.

I will be replacing it with an Apple watch at Christmas time.  I do not recommend a this device for those who want more than just a step tracker.

Good luck!  

Best Answer

I bought the Charge 3 after having a Charge 2 for a few years and loving it. The Charge 3 would not stay connected and the app was not updated unless I started it. The messaging and alerts would not happen because it was not connected.  Exactly the same problems ever i ever on here has had.  I tried all the solutions recommended to no avail!  Yesterday I disconnected Charge 3 and put back on the Charge 2 with the cracked screen and it works fine!  Either fix Charge 3 or send me a new Charge 2.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Did your replacement Fitbit quit working, too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a second hand Fitbit in great condition for Christmas. It will not stay connected to my phone through all day sync. I have looked up several ways to try and fix the problem, but none seem to help. 

Best Answer

Never got a replacement or reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased an Apple Watch about a month ago - absolutely love it!  All my texts, calls, e-mails, calendar alerts sync with my watch - just like it is supposed to.  If you have an iPhone, I highly recommend getting the Apple Watch.

Customer Service replaced my watch three times, all three failed.  I have two devices that are worthless to me and Fitbit will not refund my money.

The Fitbit does not work as advertised and support is well aware of the issue.  I performed the troubleshooting multiple times and it would fix the issue for a short time - sometimes a few days and other for a few hours.  

Fitbit devices are very popular and are great to measure/monitor your workouts/steps - but, it will not stay synced with your phone.  

We all need to continue to be very vocal about this shortcoming, until it is fixed.  

Best Answer