Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex not syncing with Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fit bit flex 1 has stopped syncing.  The actual fit bit records how many steps I have done (vibrates on 10,000 steps), but won't sync with my iphone.  The only thing I can do is click on "no fit bit yet" to see any data.  However this data doesn't include sleep tracker.  Please advise as to what to do.  Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Figee. Please restarting your Flex. Tap here for instructions. You may have to do this 2 or 3 times. If this does not fix the problem, please post again letting us know which iPhone you have. Also, make sure your Fitbit app is updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Figee, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Figee, I appreciate you have taken the time to report this situation to me. Judging by the message you're able to see, "No Fitbit yet", it seems your Flex hasn't been linked to your account, which is the reason you're not able to see your steps in the app Dashboard. At this moment I would like to ask you to try the following:

1. Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account, if the Flex is not listed under your name, proceed to step 2:
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thank you, I’ve got an account. I’ve tried removing the app and starting again, but when I go to add device it just won’t pair.

Any ideas are v welcome! I miss seeing how many steps etc I’ve done every day!

Thanks

Fi
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa and mine isn’t syncing either. I can connect it via WiFi and it updates some days. It connected via Bluetooth yesterday and then dropped it again today. When I try to pair it under setting in my iPhone  via the Bluetooth option for music it says “no device”.

Shall I remove it from the Fitbit account and Add it again? I’ve also shutdown my  Versa yesterday twice.

Please advise 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did this and it’s working again.

Fi
Best Answer

My wife has the Alta and I have an Alta hr. Not syncing the last two days. Followed all the instructions from Fitbit but no luck. Did remove them. Now I can't get them to connect either. Hoping they fix the problem soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After I removed it and set the connection back up it did work. I had already had the latest update. I’m sorry yours isn’t working.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Battle
Best Answer

Hello @Figee, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's great to have you on board @SunsetRunner and it's nice to see you too @Mic2munk Smiley Happy

@Figee, I appreciate you have come back and let me know that your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Mic2munk, please note that your Versa will not pair to the Bluetooth on your phone through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone. The Versa will show up on the list of paired devices once you have set up Notifications or All Day Sync, which I would suggest you to enable by going to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > All day Sync. You will receive a pop-up asking you to "pair" your device. This will establish a Bluetooth connection between the Versa and your phone, which will help the Versa sync in the background. Don't worry, it has been tested and confirmed that All day Sync will not drain the battery on your Versa or phone faster than usual. 

@SunsetRunner, I understand you remove the Alta and Alta HR from both your and your wife's account and now it's not possible to add them back. In this case I would like to suggest you the following steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process (set up each device separately)
  3. Restart your device
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the device one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes