Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced location services

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I open the app, after that Red latest IOS update, I m being requested location services. EVERY TIME! This needs to end or Fitbit will be gong in the trash. Personal fitbit accounts are already getting hacked. And now you are shoving location down our throat! Nope, ain’t happening. Fix it or going to another brand of fitness device. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @Angela7153 

Let’s try this again. (I can see in your screenshot the problem....where it says location yours says ask) so please follow these steps. Do both step one and step two:

1. Go to your iOS device, now go to settings, now tap privacy, now tap location services, now tap Fitbit, now tap never.

2. Go to your iOS device, now go to settings, now tap Fitbit, now tap location, now tap never.

😃 Please come back and let me know if this resolves your issue and provides you with the best answer to your question. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Angela7153 

I understand you don’t like location services requesting to access. You can simply turn that feature off if you like. Here’s how:

Go to: 

iOS device settings >privacy>location services >Fitbit >select never.

😃 please do let me know if this is the best answer for you question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not solve it. It seems prompted by heart rate as it begins to do it repeatedly when I am doing cardio. Also, steps and sleep are severely off now as well. Have tried reboot also. No luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1F85F5AD-1467-4461-841A-B634EEEEEBA5.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn’t even give me an option to change it with him the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

And in the IOS setting Privacy the app does not even show up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Angela7153 

Let’s try this again. (I can see in your screenshot the problem....where it says location yours says ask) so please follow these steps. Do both step one and step two:

1. Go to your iOS device, now go to settings, now tap privacy, now tap location services, now tap Fitbit, now tap never.

2. Go to your iOS device, now go to settings, now tap Fitbit, now tap location, now tap never.

😃 Please come back and let me know if this resolves your issue and provides you with the best answer to your question. 

Best Answer
Thank you!!!! That worked!!! Appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fantastic @Angela7153!! I’m happy I was able to help! Could you please tap the “best answer” box under my instructions to you please? It really helps others who come to this community find answers to questions similar to yours. I’d really appreciate it! Thanks 😃

Best Answer

Unfortunately that solution did not work to disable all location services as I thought it had. Today doing cardio in the gym again it’s popping up every time I get locked out. In iOS settings it says never and in the Fitbit app it says never for location services. I even turn location services off for the entire phone and the message still pops up on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

49C40862-6169-434C-AA6A-A5D5734C5E7D.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Again @Angela7153 

Lets try this:
Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. If this doesn't work:

• Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 
  • Go to your phone Settings > Fitbit > Location Services and select Always. Open the Fitbit app, then go back to Location services and select Never.

😃 Keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes
[cid:F406E6E1-D8C2-42D2-A321-29BD8CFE7C97-L0-001]
😪 Tried that. Didn’t work. Heart rate definitely seems to have something to do with it. Doesn’t happen when I am lifting weights.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Angela7153 

Do you have any auto exercises enabled? I wonder if that could be triggering this. It’s worth a shot to look and see if you do let’s try disabling them and see if that resolves the issue. Here’s how:

open Fitbit App

tap profile picture 

scroll down and tap exercise (under goals)

disable your auto recognized exercises.

My theory is that it seems like when you get your heart rate up it thinks your going for a run maybe and your Fitbit is trying to access your GPS map to record your run. Just a thought.

😉 Keep me updated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app's harassing me for location services at random too, usually at least once a day. Auto-recognized exercise seems to trigger it (and I don't want to turn that off) but it also does it randomly when I'm doing nothing.

The app just needs to respect my privacy setting. I *do not care* about a map of my run on the treadmill. I honestly don't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @aux @and welcome to the conversation. Have you tried the steps I offered in my post dated 19 October above?

My advice to @Angela7153 to try and turn off the auto exercise detection is a way of trying to troubleshoot the triggering of the location services. It’s to narrow the problem down so that the Fitbit team can be aware that there may be a conflict 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was actually one of the the first things I tried. I turned all auto recognize exercises off immediately and they have remained as such when I have tried every solution you have suggested. Thank you by the way. Appreciate your input and patience with me.

I wonder if there is a link between an error I used to get, relating to the do not disturb-driving notification I have enabled. I used to get that during cardio on occasion. Weird. But now I don’t get that and I get the constant request for location services. Do you see any correlation there?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That just may be it @Angela7153  i don’t have my do not disturb enabled either and I don’t have the location services prompt. Try disabling that then try to set the location services to never after. It’s certainly worth a shot

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angela7153 

Do you have iOS Device >notifications>Fitbit>Off ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Has been while trying all the solutions offered.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes