Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced location services

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I open the app, after that Red latest IOS update, I m being requested location services. EVERY TIME! This needs to end or Fitbit will be gong in the trash. Personal fitbit accounts are already getting hacked. And now you are shoving location down our throat! Nope, ain’t happening. Fix it or going to another brand of fitness device. 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@Angela7153 

just curious....can we please try one more step. 
log out of your Fitbit app

force shut the app by swiping it up

turn off your iOS device completely 

wait 1-2 minutes then restart your device 

now log into your device as you normally would with your email address and password 

If doing this step doesn’t resolve your issue I would suggest calling Fitbit Customer Service. You can find ways to contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

Please keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it appears that my having the notification to people who text activated, which tells people I am busy and can’t respond because I am driving, may have been the problem. I tried everything else suggested and it only stopped requesting location services when I turned off the busy notification for the do not disturb. Weird. Which explains why I would always get the “busy, driving” notification when doing cardio before. Peculiar dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Wow @Angela7153 thats crazy. I’m super happy you got it figured out. I’m sure once the original notifications issues are addressed you can go back to your normal way of doing things. In the meantime you won’t be bothered with the constant location service prompt. Awesome 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you again for your persistence!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing back with me as well 😃 I’m sure some of what you shared with me can certainly help others as well. Happy Stepping!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no need to troubleshoot what triggers it. It needs to not ask, period. Not now, not ever. It's off because I turned it off and I turned it off because I want it turned off.

Best Answer

Didn’t work and it is so unbelievably annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holy keyrap now its pushing location services to my lock screen with ALL possible notifications turned off on my iphone. This needs to be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Developer finally fixed the issue...and responded to my one star app review in the iTunes app store so kudos to them.

Best Answer

Hello again @Slymo 

I’m happy to see your issue was resolved! 😃 If there are any steps you have taken to resolve the issue that can be shared among the forums that can help others it would be greatly appreciated. You can start a new thread entitled something like “Forced Location Services Resolved” and post the steps you were provided. Thanks!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont think starting a thread that says “I left a one star review in the app store excoriating the developer and they fixed the issue” would be useful 😋

Sent from my life is unmanageable thingy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

🤣 Definitely not.....but a new thread in terms that I discussed in my previous post would be helpful if you do indeed have steps that could help others. I’m not sure if you were given “steps to perform” or something else occurred. But sharing steps taken are always useful 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is NOT fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Try updating your app restart your device. That killed all notifications for me including the previous setting suggestions.

Sent from my life is unmanageable thingy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did it. It didn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to do both things exactly as you said but I’m still getting the request. 
Very frustrating. I can’t help but think this is due to Google buying Fitbit. I may have to switch to Apple Watch. I originally switched from Garmin to Fitbit because of the user friendly and interesting app. but it is no longer friendly. It is also full of premium items I don’t think I should have to pay more for. If you can’t make them free, there should be an easy way for me to remove them from my app as it’s hard to see the few free ones I have access to. Yes I’m not impressed. There are thousands of people very frustrated is out the location pop up. Please fix it!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes