Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends don't appear in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Logged out from the app, restarted phone, logged back in.

Friends went missing on iPhone, but they are still showing on the Mac.

Tried sync

Tried restore

No luck

iOS 9.3.6 (and happy with it!)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Ultra. I'm glad to see you here around!

It sounds strange that your friends aren't appearing in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the troubleshooting steps that you've tried. Nice way to go! To further investigate, let me know your phone's model, and verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Also provide me with a screenshot of what is displayed on the Fitbit app. To attach it in your reply, check this post.

In the meantime, I'd recommend to force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone one more time and check your friend's within the Community tab.

Keep me posted! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  Iphone 4S with 9.3.6 so I do not expect miracles of recovery.  I doubt that I can install the latest version of the FitBit app and I am obviously reluctant to delete the current version from the phone as once it is gone, so am I!

That said, here are the screen shots as requested:

FitBit1.PNGFitBit2.jpg

Thanks again and best regards from Tokyo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, I tried your suggestion:  

In the meantime, I'd recommend to force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone one more time and check your friend's within the Community tab.

No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further data point:

asked one friend to send taunt, cheer, and message. 

taunt and cheer arrive via notifications in app

no message arrived, however.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ultra. It's always great to see you in the Forums.

Thanks for trying my suggested steps, as well for sharing more details about your phone. The screenshots were very helpful! After checking your information it seems to be related to the Fitbit app which isn't updated. Please note that Fitbit releases new versions of the app taking into consideration the most recent OS update. Currently the Fitbit app has been optimized to work with iOS 11 or higher, for this reason we cannot guarantee that the Fitbit app will work correctly since your iPhone and its OS version aren't supported. I'm sorry about this situation and if you happen to have the same behavior with a supported device, reply back to this post so we can work on this together.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the note and, as I expected, technological ageism runs (pun there) rampant.

From other problems being described, however, it also appears that clients with supported versions/devices are also having issues with messaging.  Hopefully, that will be easier to sort out for you all.

In my case, I will be limited to seeing friends' stats in the web dashboard, at least until the shade reaches that version's horizon.

Thanks again for the reply.

Best Answer

Hi @Ultra. Nice to see you here again.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for taking the time to check the information posted above. I'm sorry that this feature isn't available for your iPhone, and I appreciate your understanding. We'll make sure to keep working and improve our features so you can continue enjoying them. And as mentioned before, if by any chance you're able to try this on a supported device and the same happens, feel free to get in touch with us!

Hope to keep seeing you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes