Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification not working when using iPhone XS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just switched from an iPhone 6 to an XS.  My Alta HR will sync, but it won’t get notifications from my iPhone XS any more.  Does the iPhone XS have issues sending notifications?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @rinkmutt, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing!

I'm sorry that your notifications aren't longer working, and let's work on this together. Just to confirm, may I know the iOS version running on your iPhone? I'd also recommend to try the following:

1. Remove the Alta HR from the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone 6 and XS.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Account icon > Alta HR > Sync now.
  5. Then tap on "Notifications" and proceed to pair via Bluetooth.
  6. Try receiving call or text notifications one more time.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I tried what you suggested and more. I get phone calls showing up on my Fitbit, but not text messages.

Laura Scherf
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rinkmutt. It's great to see you again. I'm sorry for my delayed in replying you back.

Thanks for trying the steps posted above, and I'm sorry that the texts notifications are still not working correctly. Our team recently released a new version for the Fitbit app, so make sure to download it. Also, please verify the following:

1. On your phone's settings, tap on "Notifications".
  2. Make sure the "Show Previews" option is set to Always.
  3. Then tap on "Messages" and check the three options nuder Alerts.
  4. Go back to the Fitbit app, turn off and on the text notifications.
  5. Sync your Fitbit Alta HR and try receiving text notifications one more time.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
It’s still not working. I have updated my phone and app. I have also done everything you have told me to do. I have heard from the news that Fitbit was having trouble with being compatible with iPhones recently. I have an Alta HR. Have you heard from other customers who have an Alta HR, that they are having the same problems? Have other customers been having trouble like I have with other Fitbit models and iPhones? Please let me know. I was looking at getting an Inspire HR when this Alta HR doesn’t work anymore. But if these issues do continue with Fitbit and iPhone compatibility, I may not continue to purchase Fitbit. And I really don’t want to do that. I like your products. Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

Laura Scherf
Best Answer
0 Votes