Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends not able to see my Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having an issue where my Fitbit friends can see me listed on the 7 day steps screen but not my actual steps against me. This is the same when viewing via the iOS App or the online web dashboard. I raised this with Fitbit back at the beginning of March and after they confirmed my privacy settings were correct to allow it to work i was told it was a known issue and was being looked at. Just contacted them again, 4 months later, to be told exactly the same thing. Strangely i can see their steps on my 7 Day Step screen no issue at all.

Is anyone else having this issue and being told the same thing? At the very least this is a 4 month old issue but i suspect its being going on much longer and they cannot fix it. Whilst it doesnt stop me using my Charge 2, Alta & Flex prior to that, its a bit annoying that i cant really compete with other folk as they cannot see me and Fitbit seem unable to fix it. Competing with other people is a big part of the fitbit usage in my eyes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @bransoj, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Usually when your friends are not able to see you or your steps is because of your privacy settings. Please open the Fitbit app and try the following:

1. Tap on Account > Your Name
  2. Under FRIENDS, tap on Privacy Settings
  3. Check that the privacy setting is set to Friends, if it's not, tap on it and select SAVE at the top right corner of the screen. 
  4. Go back, an tap on Badges and Trophies > Privacy Settings and check that Friends is also selected.
  5. Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swipe it up. Then open it again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes