Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Mmalo12698@gmail.con

@ronlayterswrote:

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

I followed each of the instructions and my problem has not yet been solved.

Best Answer

For the last five nights I see only  simplified sleep patterns instead of sleep stages. 

Heart rates are adequatelly registered for each of such  nights .

I have not used  “Begin Sleep Now” option.

I slept more than 3 hours in each of such nights.

My device’s battery had more than 60% in each of such nights.

It seems to me there is a bug in version 2.45 of Fitbit app which I recently  downloaded.

What should I do to recover the sleep stages function of my device?

Best Answer

Having the same problem... first 4 nights it worked.. only 2 nights out of 10 have worked since... My arm falls asleep pretty regularly while I sleep... don't know if this might cause a problem? please advise... I bought only to monitor my sleep... no point in having if it won't work for me.

Best Answer

Unfortunatelly not  yet  resolved for me.

Best Answer

Not yet resolved for me.

Best Answer

Hello @Moshw@Acmartins and @Relique, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know the issue has not been resolved for you. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this situation further:

1. iPhone model you're currently using.
  2. OS version running on your phone.
  3. App version currently installed (go to Account > Help)
  4. Insight you're getting on the Sleep tile about your Sleep Stages.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thank you MarcoGFitbit for your effort to help us in this issue.
Yesterday I did three things:
Reseted my Charge 2 device;
Deleted almost all previous sleep logs from the app;
Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app.
I am not sure it was just by coincidence but my last sleep record resumed to show detailed sleep stages.
Tomorow I will see if the problem was definitively solved.
Anyway, I will answer your questions to give you some more tools to identify the cause of the problem and help others facing similar issue:
I am using IPhone 7 plus
OS version 11.2.6
App version 2.45 (741)
I do not remember the insights I received during the malfuncioning period but they were very general and not leading to solve the problem.
Again I want to thank you for your attention in helping us to solve this issue.
Regards
Acmartins.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still working since last friday. I'm using iPhone 5 SE with 11.2.5 Version. Fitbit installed is 2.45(741) Version. Hope this help!

Captura de ecrã 2018-02-20, às 14.45.34.png

Best Answer

Hello @Albano_68 and @Acmartins, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I would like to thank you both for providing the information required, @Albano_68, I'm glad you've been able to get Sleep Stages since friday and @Acmartins, I'm glad your last sleep record showed Sleep Stages as well. 

Please keep monitoring your trackers and if you're still running into this issue, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

This is happening with my Blaze. Started with monday night/tuesday am sleep... then the same thing last night. 

I am on an android phone. Has worked fine every single night up until Monday night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

...and I don't want to have to delete any of my sleep data to "resolve" the issue like the previous person. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fbrfbr, thanks for joining the conversation, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting this situation, please check the in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. Check my previous post to know more about these in-app error notifications.

Please remember that you don't have to delete your sleep logs but these won't convert automatically to Sleep Stages as they were already recorded by your Blaze.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. No sleep stages for the last week. Definitely slept more than 3 hours and band is charged.

It would be great if this kind of issues are investigated rather than marking as solved. Shouldn't be solved while most people report it as active

Best Answer

Hello @mircean, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your device Settings on the online Dashboard and check if your Sleep has been set to Normal or Sensitive. If the setting has been set to Normal change it to Sensitive and vice-versa, then Save your settings. After that, try wearing your tracker on your other wrist for the night and sync the tracker in the morning. Check if your sleep stages are now showing.

I hope this helps, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

The last two weeks I’ve received detailed sleep stages on only 3 of 14 nights - regardless of level of battery charge or how I’m wearing my Blaze. Also I sometimes received low battery notices when the charge shows greater than halfway - Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nkellyw, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for trying the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your Blaze and your phone to check if Sleep Stages and the battery level show correctly. Don't worry, none of the previous information stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had simplified sleep  instead of regular sleep stages since Aug 1 2018. I have updated the app, turned both devices off then on again. Resynced through Bluetooth and nothing has helped. The sleep is the main reason I got this device and if it’s not being supported anymore, I’m kinda done with it. How can this be fixed so I get the full sleep stages again?

Best Answer

Hello @SleeplessInAbby, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This doesn’t help. I am not clicking on anything on the app. I’m going to sleep like I have normally and it is not tracking the stages. I’ve adjusted the strap and tried it tighter, looser, I’ve even switched arms. I’m not doing anything different since aug 1 that I wasn’t doing for the last 10 months. Just that the sleep stages aren’t showing up anymore. I’ve talked to a few people who have also experienced this issue. I can not think of anything else I can do to make this work. I t appears that either there’s a glitch with the app update or the blaze itself has only got a few good months of working and then starts to die off. Maybe it’s just not made to last for more than a year and it’s in the process of dying. I have literally tried everything and it’s not working at all.
Super frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes