Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Mine is exactly the same. I got full sleep stages on Thursday and Friday last week but then back to simplified again and as you say nothing has changed and heart rate recording properly every day and night. So frustrating as this has been going on for months and even before that it was working most of the time and would give simplified sleep once or twice a week virtually since I bought my charge 2 almost a year ago now. It has never worked consistently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure who did what but my fitbit started recording sleep consistently again starting on Sunday.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your screenshots and more information about this issue affecting Sleep Stages. As mentioned earlier, I have forwarded the information to our development team and once I have more information to share with you I'll make sure to post it in the official Forums. 

@Jim.S, I appreciate you have let us know your Sleep Stages are getting recorded correctly, I'm very glad to hear that. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
For what it’s worth, I’ve noticed I get simplified sleep results when my Fitbit app indicates low battery level - even though my Versa shows the battery level is above 60%. For example I got simplified results this morning, my watch shows battery level at 75%, and the app indicates low battery. I don’t consider that to be low - so very frustrating that communication glitch between actual battery level and what the app perceives seems to be causing the poor results.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nkellyw, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your findings with us. Please note that if your tracker is at 75% of its battery but the app indicates "low battery", that means the Fitbit device hasn't synced properly, when you sync it, the battery level will show correctly. 

Now, I'll make sure to forward the information you have shared with our team; as mentioned earlier, once I have more to share with you, I'll make sure to post it in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze only records detailed sleep stages intermittently. I get simplified sleep  about 80 percent or the time. Details only about 20 percent. 

‘The first week I had the watch it recorded 6 detailed sleep cycles out of 7. Now I’m only getting 1 a week, the other 6 are simplified sleep details. 

So far I have tried resetting my watch. Increasing the sensitivity. Turning the HR monitor from auto to on. I do not use start or stop times. 

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps in hopes to resolve the issue affecting your Sleep Stages. At this moment I would like to ask you to restart your Blaze once again by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then clean the back of the Blaze with a soft piece of cloth and wear the tracker on your other wrist. 

I hope this can be helpful, if you're still not getting Sleep Stages after following these steps, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Please keep us updated, have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my Blaze is still not recording my sleep stages. Once again I have followed all the recommendations and I still get simple sleep data.
Still not sure why it worked for the first week and doesn’t work now.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I have discovered a strange solution/workaround to this problem. At least it works for me with my Alta and IOS app... 😜 

I "rage-deleted" (😝) an entry being sick of sleep stages often and randomly not working. But then I thought "guess I should add the sleep again just to at least keep track of how many hours I sleep". 

Low and behold; as I re-entered the sleep period, the detailed sleep stages magically appeared! 😀💤

I tried this just now even with a sleep period as far back as September 5th, and even that came up with detailed sleep stages when I re-entered it! 👍🏼😄

I have told Fitbit support about the workaround, I wish they might have published it as a temporary solution, because there are obviously a lot of us having the same issue... 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay. How are you deleting the sleep information? I can delete an individual one but there is no way to un-delete it. Or are you referring to deleting the amount if sleep time? I have actually deleted the entire app and all the data and still no luck.
I will try your work around if u can figure out what you are removing and re-adding.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you have to delete one and one, and manually re-enter it by hitting the "+" in the upper right corner. Take a note of from-to times, and add it after you delete it 😊Delete...Delete...

Re-enter sleep logRe-enter sleep log

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I deleted one, noted the time. Re added it but it still displayed as simple sleep. I will see what happens tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting to hear that this worked for you but sadly It did not for me. I have a Charge 2.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a charge 2 and it didn’t wok for me too!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s ridiculous- had for about a year and not worked properly for most of that time. Basically a very expensive step counter!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Jippi70, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing wit us the troubleshooting steps you've followed in order to resolve this issue on your side. I'm very glad you're able to get Sleep Stages now. 

For those of you who are still having trouble with this situation, I would like to gather some information from you that will be very helpful for our team, please reply with as much information as you can:

• iPhone model you're currently using. 
  • OS version running on your phone
  • Tracker or watch you're using.
  • Version of your tracker or watch (in the Fitbit app tap on the picture of your tracker/watch, on the next screen you will be able to find the version)
  • App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • List of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I am one of several that are still facing the long lasting problem of getting simplified sleep instead of sleep stages.
I have tried every suggestions posted on this subject for the last six months or so and continue to receive complete sleep stages randomly only once at each one or two weeks.
I have already furnished all such information requested in this last post and have contacted service center twice
It sounds even offensive to ask us patience in this very old problem with unfindable solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is my information
iPhone X.
OS 12.0.1
Fitbit Blaze bought 3 weeks ago
Ver 8.402.1

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not had anything other than simplified sleep for months except for an odd one occasionally.

I have already done everything suggested several times without effect and have provided details several times in the last six months or so which has not resulted in any improvement so do not feel it is necessary to do so again. You obviously do not have a clue why this is happening or how to fix it.

To pay over £100 for what is really just a step counter without the sleep stages is a ridiculous amount of money!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Acmartins, @SunsetRunner and @Barbs501, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have posted your feedback about this situation. @SunsetRunner, thanks for replying with the details requested, I'll be forwarding them to our team as this is very helpful for them.

I understand your concern about this issue has not get fixed yet, however some issues take longer to expected and our team is actively working towards resolving it. Once we have more to share with you about this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes