Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Just an update. Without changing anything ny Blaze has recorded sleep stages for the past 6 nights.  Not sure why it is working again but I will keep you posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you! No change on my charge 2 where have not had sleep stages since 5 October- seems to be getting worse now!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Barbs501 and @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. @SunsetRunner, I'm very glad your Blaze is now recording Sleep Stages. @Barbs501, please note that as mentioned earlier, our team is still working towards resolving this issue, but some issues might take longer than expected. 

Once we have more to share with you about this situation, we'll make sure to let you all know through the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't gotten sleep stages since March 19, 2018.  Had been getting them regularly since Jan1, 2018  but not one night since March 19th.  Got a run around from Fitbit support so I just gave up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sacori, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced with Sleep Stages and would like to ask you for the exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. This will help us determine what should we do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reboot my Charge 2 whenever I charge it. I also reboot my phone every night when I recharge it.  I also reboot it when I have trouble syncing to my phone even though I have All Day Sync on.  Even though I have All Day Sync on when I wake up in the morning and check my phone it will indicate that the last sync was sometime yesterday morning.  I have to schedule a sync.  I've changed the position of the device on my wrist as well as the tightness of the band.  I even changed from my left hand to my right hand.  I went around and around with Fitbit support and they finally gave up and said it was my fault, that there was nothing wrong with their software I was one of a very few people who were having this problem.
Interesting enough, after getting basic sleep results for the last 6 months and not one day getting detailed results I got detailed results for the last 2 nights.... let's see if that continues.

S A Cori
Best Answer

Hello @Sacori, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide me details about your situation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and detailed your issue for me. I'm very glad your Charge 2 has recorded Sleep Stages for the last 2 nights. If anything changes, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I just googled it, and found several users complaining about the same issue... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you're also experiencing this situation. Tell me, which tracker are you currently using? Since when have you experienced this issue? Which troubleshooting steps have you tried yet? Having this information will help us determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got fed up waiting for a solution to this prolonged problem and now have apple watch which works perfectly in tracking sleep so am now selling my charge 2.  The best solution ever!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 does not track detailed sleep now from 24th of december. 

I did do:

restart 3 times

restart phone several times

put it on the right and left arm

dit give it to my wife for a few nights

diffrent positions on my arm

I still dont get detailled sleep tracking

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue. Using Charge 3. Have removed app and reset. Interestingly my wife got one too and her app shows stages. Only differences I can imagine is that she is new to Fitbit so tracker was new while I replaced an older Fitbit so had historic sleep data. Also she has iPhone 6s and I have a 7 plus. Please help before I return mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the suggestions!  The last 4 nights have had no detail.  Any other thing I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think what helped me was charge the fitbit for a few hours.. just let it charge even when the battery is full. 

I did reset te fitbit 4-5 times and then charged it for several hours and suddenly sleep track did work! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It isn’t solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has been happening to me sporadically of the last two weeks. This a bummer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sold mine 🙂 have a Huawai GT watch. Amazing battery 10-14 days. I can read Alle messages, including imessage and whatsapp. Monitors heart rate and sleep also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, not solved at all! I haven't got sleep stages for about 10 months. I've given up asking fitbit how to fix it because nothing has worked so far, and I'm tired of wasting my time. So I just use it for what it is and I'm looking into other devices meanwhile.

Best Answer

Ok, I'll try resetting it 10 times, see what happens! Multiple resetting is probably the only thing I haven't tried.

Best Answer

Yes. I’m moving to Apple. Fitbit support used to be so helpful, but now it’s mechanical inhuman responses that mean nothing. It appears to be written by an algorithm rather than humans. 

Best Answer
0 Votes