Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Fitbit is owned by Google now, do they plan on adding google in an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit is not yet owned by Google.  That still has to be approved by government of several countries.  So nobody can say what will happen when/if it does totally go through.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Fitbit is not yet owned by Google.  That still has to be approved by government of several countries.  So nobody can say what will happen when/if it does totally go through.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
I believe they already own Fitbit. I am including the first line of a
Forbes article, dated Nov 1, 2019. "Fitbit is now to be part of Google’s
range of companies. After days of rumors and reports, Fitbit has been
acquired

by Google for $2.1 billion."
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dooky  

See Google’s Takeover Of Fitbit Faces Another Regulatory Hurdle  dated Jan 15,2020.

I expect Forbes wording was a bit imprecise; at that point, rather than 'having been acquired', it was that Fitbit management/directors and Google had reached agreement, but it still had to get shareholder approval, now done, and regulatory approval of several countries, still not resolved.  Though many have been assuming it will go through, nothing is finalized yet.

Best Answer
Thank-you for the information. As with many news media sites these days
Sensationalism is more important than fact!
Best Answer
0 Votes