Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 text/call notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

i upgraded from an iphone 6S to an 8 and now I can get silent alarms but text/call notification has stopped. I’ve tried resetting, deleting the app etc but no joy. I really need this function for work. 

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Same problem for me too on 8 Plus. Have tried everything you have too.

I'll let you know if I find a way.

Best Answer

Ok mine is working again now.

I was on the Fitbit app on iOS, and it asked to pair with my phone again, so I accepted and it worked!

Not sure why it asked me to pair again though.

Is it on your list of devices on your bluetooth settings of your iphone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here mine eventually start ed working after reinstalling the app and pairing again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.. I have the iphone SE. I only get alarms and calls now. No texts, emails etc.  I have already done the following none of which worked:

Checked settings
Restart the Blaze
Restart the Phone

Disconnect/reconnect bluetooth then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone. Checked settings

Remove/Reinstall the Blaze, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Fitbit App, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Best Answer

I had the same issue with my iphone 8 plus. I see that you have resolved the issue, but thought I would post my solution as well for any future individuals seeking an answer. I simply went into the Fitbit app, opened notifications, and followed the prompts to re-pair my blaze and now it works again! 

Best Answer

I just upgraded from 6 to 8 last Sun and all my notifications worked as normal until Wed. 

- verified current version of iOS 11 and Fitbit installed. 

-  disconnected device and set up as new again 

- unpaired Bluetooth and paired again 

-  deleted app and reinstalled  

-  removed everything, hard reset on iPhone, installed everything all over again 

-  verified notifications in Fitbit settings and also iPhone settings 

-  able to receive silent alarm but no text or call notifications 

Best Answer

Fixed it by resetting my flex2 tracker by placing it in the charger, pressing the reset button 3x. Made a rest call to myself from another line and was able to receive the call notification. 

Best Answer

I spoke too soon. Call notifications working but still not texts and yes the notifications are set to ON for both :-). Back to the drawing board...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...tried all their troubleshooting steps to resolve but nothing worked. So i switched to pairing w/ my old mini iPad and that worked for all notifications until the last fitbit software update. Now i don't get notifications from any device. I tried the fitbit chat and the rep told me the iPhone 8 wasn't on the list of supported devices for flex 2! That apple watch is starting to look like the better option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband helped me figure out my dilemma. If you go into Privacy Settings and turn on location

services while using app it should help. It helped me. I hope this helps you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please try turning on locations services in the privacy setting. It worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done ALL the posted trouble shooting steps on my own AND twice on the phone with customer service. Guess what? Both reps told me that Fitbit is not compatible with iPhone 8  (all Fitbit devices), yes seriously and that I just need to wait for Fitbit developers to come out with an update. What a joke that Fitbit can’t keep up with Apple. Not like it was a big secret apple was coming out with a new phone. 

Best Answer
Hello Foodnfungirl. I have Fitbit charge 2 and finally last night got the last bug fixed. I have iPhone 8 plus and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am aware that it works for other iPhone 8 owners. Someone needs to let Fitbit know too. Even though I made them aware of this, their only suggestion was to wait it out. I have the flex 2. Lovely customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do?  Mine is still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned on Location Services in Privacy setting

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem also.  They aren’t any help either. Told me maybe in a month or two an update will be available.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me the same thing !!!!! Basically out if luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes