Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 text/call notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

i upgraded from an iphone 6S to an 8 and now I can get silent alarms but text/call notification has stopped. I’ve tried resetting, deleting the app etc but no joy. I really need this function for work. 

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Hello @Lmgjkjacjms and @walkeralex360, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Wandabark, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for reporting this to us. At this moment, if you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Alerts: Lock Screen / Notifications Center / Banners
  • Banner Style as Temporary
  • Alert Tone as any other than "None"
  • Show Previews as Always. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading a few of the replies on this string, I went into Settings on my iPhone 8 Plus and selected Bluetooth (which was already on and showed my Charge 2 Fitbit as connected in the My Devices list...

BUT

I saw a Systems Notification toggle that was in the Off position.  I clicked it to the On position, backed out, and tried calling my iPhone from my work landline.  It worked.  I now receive Fitbit vibration and screen notification when I receive an incoming call.

ALSO

Before starting all this, I also clicked through my Fitbit screen pages on my wrist and made sure my Notifications page had the toggle set for On.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your helpful reply! I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out why I stopped getting my text messages on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes