Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333

I've taken to jogging on the spot while watching the app and not stopping until the hour has updated 😂

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like with the new iOS the challenges are not syncing / updating either

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see your post is from a year ago but I'm wondering if this is still a problem? Yesterday my fitbit told me I reached my goal of 13 out of 13 hours getting 250 steps, but when I sync it with my phone, it tells me I got 12 out of 13. Do I need to reset my fitbit? Thanks, Alaina

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had this problem for a good 6mths or so.  When it was happening, I just kept syncing the app and logging in and out.  Eventually it sorted itself out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marcusm50 I updated it this evening, so I'll see if tomorrow is better, I really hope it is not a coincidence and it is fixed, that would be lovely!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope it's sorted soon otherwise I am returning my device and asking for a refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Charge 2 is still having this problem. Is this still being resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I have updated to the new version on April 25, it goes beyond just he hours not recording.  My Alta takes FOREVER for just he steps to upload, and even then it is not always consistently uploading.  It will record number of steps, and then it zeros out after I close the app.  This has been an issue for days.  When are we going to get a fix to this????  It makes the app unusable!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You really need to return it ASAP because this problem is not going away.  Look through this thread to see that this has been an issue for over a year and they are ignoring it, hoping it will go away. I wish I had returned mine within the time frame to get a refund. 

Best Answer

Alicat,

That may be a solution for you but I don't think I would make a good impression getting up at a meeting with executives and start jogging in place. Am I supposed to explain that I am disrupting the meeting because my FitBit app is not showing I performed the  necessary 250 steps prior to coming to the meeting 25 minutes previous. Most of us are unable to focus on making sure they obtain the indicators on the app for every hour. That is why we purchased the device in the first place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, after several days of the app correctly recording my hourly goals after the most recent update, I can now confirm that the bug is still not fixed because today it did not log my hours correctly!!!!

fitbit.jpg

What is going on Fitbit?? Any updates at all? When is this going to be fixed? You have a lot of extremely frustrated customers right now at the lack of resolution and response on this issue that has been going on for an unacceptably long period of time. @RickyFitbit, anyone?

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue as @marcusm50. Not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless as it messes up my stats. It happens most often when I finish my 250 steps after my 10 minutes to go alarm has happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having the same problem all day with my Charge 2 - just logged out of my account and then back in again, and this fixed the hourly update total.

NB: Noticed that my battery level is low (red) and BPM has disappeared: perhaps this lack of data transfer between Fitbit and app might be some kind of low power/power saving behaviour?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a small note that this is not just on the iOS app, as I have an android phone and this issue is happening for me as well. I first noticed it yesterday, but it has also happened today. It's a shame as I have a desk job and this was really encouraging me to get up every hour but the lack of reliable information on the app is a bit demotivating. Plus I can't accuratly keep track of the days that I actually accomplish the 10/10 hours, because the Today screen on my Fitbit (which actually is accurate) wipes at the end of the day. It makes me wonder what else the app is inaccurately tracking/displaying.

Best Answer

I tend to agree that it might be a whole lot of issues with the app. I'm finding issues with notifications as well as syncing with my aria scales. So many issues and not a sign of resolution 

Best Answer

I've done that. Still not guaranteed to work unfortunately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love how people post on this problem without looking through all of the previous posts to see that we have already tried everything to include updating both app and device, rebooting both, disconnecting the device from the phone and reconnecting, removing the app from the phone and reinstalling, drinking a whole Dr Browns Cream soda, standing on our head and jumping up and down to have nothing but foam all over. Sorry, had to insert a little humor due to this issue being so discouraging.

Please read through all of the posts prior to assuming we are all idiots who just don't get technology. The problem is FitBit. They have acknowledged there is a problem but just don't care enough about their customers to fix is or at least stay in communication with us to let us know they are having difficulties or can't fix the issue. 

Best Answer

Latest update I have had from Fitbit is that it's a known issue and they are working on it. Same message as they have constantly given. Asked again for a  timeframe. Again no response

Best Answer
0 Votes

And the there are those who see a thread for their problem and don't bother to scroll through the thread to the end or even jump to the end to see if there is any resolution. They post a question and expect an answer as to whether the problem was fixed. Do some research. FitBit is certainly not going to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny...After adding my last comment, FitBit asked me to rate the forum. It really didn't give an opportunity to explain why I rated them poorly and no real way tie it to this thread. They have to know that there are pissed customers. My guess is that after the last layoffs, there are not enough people to handle the customer service part of the company and all they are doing is trying to stay relevant. It's not going to happen if your current customers are unhappy and let your potential customers know about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes