Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333

Not registering for me either. And then my brand new charge quit counting steps for a bit? Please fix--hourly activity is one of my biggest motivators!

Best Answer

Derrick - any help yet?  I am still not getting my active minutes or the hourly activity.

Best Answer

@Gophertrackshot No update yet, our team is still working this one out and I'll be sure to post in this thread with any updates that I receive. Apologies for any potential inconvenience.

@yobecca If your Charge is still giving your trouble, I'd recommend:

1. Restarting your tracker.

2. Rebooting your iOS device.

3. Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Not working!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think there may be a relation to the message the alta gives and it not updating hourly log, all three times it has happened the alta message was the same "you won 250/250" or something with the 250/250 in it. Hope this helps find problem, is there anyway to do a manual fix so I can still see the correct log?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It says I slept 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been update on this? My hourly activity was working just fine last month but does not seem to be working currently. As this last post was dated almost a couple months ago I just thought I'd check in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My hourly graph is still not working. :((
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app on my iPhone 6 Plus updated on 6/13/16, and since then it has been screwing up big time.

I am not getting credit for the hours that I actually get my 250 steps in. My Alta tells me I have got the achievement but then the app does not give me credit. Also, my app will show my steps as I am walking and then when I stop, it will take steps away that I had just done. At work, I walk from my car to the hospital and it is at least 500 steps... It gave me credit this morning, then right before my eyes took it right back away. Did the same thing tonight on the way to my car. My work has me have my Fitbit synced with there program that determines my discount for health insurance based on if I get my goal of steps in for the month, I don't appreciate having to keep redoing my steps. I have a charge hr and an Alta and having the same issues with both, which makes me believe it is the app. 

Best Answer

Most of the time, the dot for a 250-step hour does turn on correctly. However, occasionally it does not, even when the chart in the dashboard which indicates how many steps it think you took in each quarter-hour shows a total of over 250 steps per hour.

Most of the time when I'm trying to keep up with this challenge, I get my 250 steps in the last quarter-hour of the hour and I get the dot on the dashboard as I should just fine. However, it's now seeming like if some or all of the steps are in the FIRST quarter hour of the hour, it doesn't iinclude them, only adding up the other 3 quarter hours. This morning, the FitBit dashboard is showing me that I had 280 steps in the 11:00-11:15 quarter hour, however, it doesn't show the dot indicating that I've walked 250 steps for the 11-12 hour!  So this isn't any kind of syncing issue because the dashboard chart already knows I walked 280 steps from 11 - 11:15.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's the end of June. When will this be fixed. Very annoying
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have only recently started to have this problem. I have done a hard restart on my phone, and my Alta has been sending my reminders to move and congratulating me for 250 steps. But the hourly chart stopped working accurately two days ago, right before my app updated to the new look.

It will accept steps loaded from the web interface however, it just isn't updating from the device, even with multiple attempts to get it to sync, including a hard restart on my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we have an update on this?  My coworker and I are both seeing notifications on our Alta's that we "Nailed it!" for the 250step, but then when we log into the app and sync, we don't have a red dot for that hour. What's going on and how do we fix? 

Best Answer
I think my hourly tracker is working fine tracking but my icon box In the new dashboard (I've been previewing the new dash since it came available) displays way more small bubbles than the 14 I opt to track. When I switch the preview off and then back on it fixes the issue, but goes back to too many bubbles when I close and re-log into the app. Is this another glitch?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with this not working, can you PLEASE either fix it or take it off the app!

Valerie Buckley RN, BSN, RT(R)(VI)

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought an Alta yesterday and am trying all the bells and whistles today.  Particularly excited about the hourly alert, but mine didn't record the last hour's success, even though I received a notification on the Alta and the steps show on the app dashboard... Very odd.

We'll see about this hour.  I'm going to go around 3:30.  Last hour I forgot until I got the reminder to do it, but still got the steps in before the hour ended.

Best Answer
When will this be fixed?? It's frustrating to see it not update dispute me hitting over 250 steps. Ur post was written in April but we now in July. 😞
Best Answer
I find these days that if the bar chart that shows steps per quarter hour has 250 steps in an hour, I DO now get the dot so something seems to be better. However, sometimes when I'm walking around my building just to get in the hourly steps, I count my steps and find that my flex seriously underestimates my steps. I'll walk 270 and think I've done enough for that hour's for but later see it thinks I only went 221!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been up since 5:30 and my hourly actrivity has not recorded any of my 250 steps today.  Yesterday it was working fine.  What's going on ???  I have 3500 steps today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an update on the fix for the hourly activity goal issue?  

Best Answer
0 Votes