Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333
Had issue been resolved . So frustrating to do the work and have app not work correctly .
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have reset my hours twice. And reset my Fitbit twice.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It does update if you do enough steps. Generally takes between 500 - 850
Best Answer
It doesn't update for me.  And the activity tracker isn't updating either, no matter how many minutes I'm active.  
Best Answer
0 Votes
If I'm not mistaken, the activity tracker is for other activities you enter such as biking, swimming, etc, not the walking tracked by your Fitbit.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I thought the hourly activity graph was for recording the 250 steps an hour. Is there another hourly chart?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been fixed?  I just got an Alta this week and I've noticed that this feature is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find it always works eventually. You just have to keep walking until it recognises that you've gone over 250 steps. It shouldn't take more than 850.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having a problem with this, too. I have a charge hr, it will update my steps, the app will get them and add to the total, but my hourly 250 doesn't check off. Frustrating 😕
Best Answer

My fitbit Alta will tell me when I have reached the 250 steps, but then when I check the app it doesn't mark it as completed. This is only once or twice a day, but annoying as I don't know if I should trust the fitbit or the app. (Plus I don't get the whole "You're crushing it" at the end of the day, which I really enjoy:-)) 

Best Answer

Ditto re my Alta. It registers some hours of 250 steps on the tile, but not others even though I receive a message to say I've done the steps for every hour. Any update from Fitbit?

Best Answer

This is happening for me as well about once every day or two - my Alta gives me the buzz and message that I got my 250 steps for an hour, but then the dot does not show up in the app.

This typically happens when I'm trying to get my steps in right at the end of the hour, so I'm assuming maybe this has something to do with tying steps to time on the tracker vs. the phone?

Whenever this happens, if I go into my step log, where it breaks down all of your steps into 15-minute chunks, the totals are always slightly below 250. So my guess is that somehow, they tracker itself counts the steps that go over 250 before the hour ends, but then for some reason when it syncs with the app, some of those steps get pulled into one of the 15-minute segments before or probably after the hour.

As a workaround, I have been going into the activity tracker and adding a 0.1 mile walk during that hour. This retroactively adds steps and satisfies the 250-step requirement, but is pretty annoying. Hopefully they'll be able to fix this soon!

Best Answer

Glad to hear it is a known issue, but your post that fitbit was fixing this is from April. It's now August and I'm still having this problem. Any idea when fitbit will get around to fixing it?

Best Answer
I have a One, but my dashboard has not given me the feature of the hourly activity goal. How do I get this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue still being worked? I have over 10,000 steps, but my hourly tracking reflects only a few hundred! I walked for an hour and my activity minutes are 0!

Best Answer

Now my dots on my new Alta are not showing as I get them. One dot only all day long. I have to refresh my app every hour in order for it to log them too.

Valerie 
Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

I just purchased a Blaze and my hourly 250 steps per hour are not registering. It still says 0 for the day. But my normal daily step counter is working? Any help would be appreciated. I have android.

Thank you

Best Answer

It's now August 11, 2016 and the Hourly Activity Tracker on the Flex has not tracked/will not track my hourly activity. I have walked more than 2 miles today. Very disappointing to have so many bugs. This is using an Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got 13 out of 14 hours today, which I would normally be pleased with but during the hour I missed I logged 270 steps. It doesn't happen to me often but when it does it is really annoying.

Also, any steps taken during x:59 seem to count towards the next hour, which is frustrating when I lose track of time and try to get the steps in at the end of the hour.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just to add, I have a Surge, am using the latest Android app, and the dot is still missing on the website dashboard.
Best Answer