Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333
Lovely, it missed my 5k and lawn mowing on Sunday while recording my 19000 steps. Sad!
Best Answer
0 Votes
When it does not register a 5k run from 9:45-10:20, there's definitely a problem and it seems fitbit does not know how to fix it. I have uninstalled, reset, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted again, and still get nothing. I give up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish they would get a fix for this, really annoying!
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not a feature on the One.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problem. I did a "restart" on my Flex using a paper clip through the small hole in the charger while plugged in. Hold the clip in for 3-4 seconds. My Flex is now tracking the hourly activity correctly.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an Alta Fitbit and am having the same experience
Best Answer

Is there an update? I am having the same issue with my fitbit Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No update so far, issue is now at least 4 months old and still broken.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No hole in my charger to insert a paperclip -mine must be either newer or older.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Flex and I have my 250+ step counter set to count from 12:00p-8:00p every day and it worked fine until the 1:00 hour on Sunday, August 21, 2016.  I did nothing to cause this change in behavior.  I did everything to try and fix the problem including everything suggested in this thread but nothing has worked.  I also noticed that my Activity Monitor hasn't worked since August 17, 2016.  In addition, on a day that showed that I had over 10,000 steps, it showed that I was asleep from 2:00p until 9:00a the next day.  The last time I did that, I was in college and that was a looooooong time ago.  Any ideas????

I've restarted, logged out, logged in, cleaned my battery, cleaned the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They weren't able to offer me a solution to fit this same issue so are sending me a new one since I only bought it in Jan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here and after trying all trouble-shooting ideas none have helped.  I'm thinking it's time for me to explore what else may be out there to see if there is something more reliable and consistent.  This is my third device and none of them have worked longer than 4/5 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vitalsunrise @Ewinton @BuccoFan1 @gma2ajdj @Scarlet294 @SunsetRunner It's great to see you guys on the Fitbit Community! I recommend taking a look at this thread which is giving some updates regarding this issue. Follow all the suggestions there to fix!

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is so frustrating & is a new problem coming on top of tracker charges lasting only 24 hours. I am showing exactly one random active hour per day when I have been active over several.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to no longer clocking active minutes and 250+ steps, my Flex is now only registering 2hr 38 minutes sleep per night.  I know that I don't sleep as much I should but this is crazy.  Also, I am not notified when my battery is low so I try to charge it whenever I sit down but not too often to kill the battery life.  I would say that my Flex is hosed and it is less than a year old.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, it's incredibly frustrating that there's no solution offered when it's been reported so many times and for so many months. It's worthless if it doesn't work. 

Best Answer

@SantiR -We already have explained that we tried everything and it didn't work. Please read the posts before telling us to read the other 'complaints' and expecting forum users to do Fitbit's job. Mine is an Android tablet/phone, not iOS. I need a replacement, apparently, since it does not work as advertised. How do I obtain a new one

Best Answer

Similar issue. Have read through the various threads, and tried the (very few) recommendations offered. The way the issue presents for me is that random activity "dots" don't get registered on the dashboard when they are showing on the Charge 2 device. My suspicion is that if I complete the 250 steps in the last few minutes of the hour (which is the point of the reminder, surely!!) that while the device shows that I've just managed to complete the required steps, this doesn't get synched across to the app, because of some weird timing mismatch. Really annoying when you make the effort to get the steps, and it isn't shown.

Mods - this is NOT a resolved issue. I have the latest version of the App, a Charge 2, so I shouldn't be be having this problem.

Best Answer

Hi, I'm experiencing issues with the hourly activity goal steps not corresponding to my normal steps.  As a result, my hourly activity steps aren't being counted.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've tried going through customer service, and I've repeated my issue to at least 6 different people.  I'm pretty frustrated with this and would appreciate any advice.  

I've uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, rebooted, logged out and back in, everything I can think of.  it does seem to be app related, however.  I'm running version 2.27.1 on iOS 10.  

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since a couple of days ago, the hourly activity tile on my dashboard does not update. Each day, it shows the previous day's hourly activity. When clicked, the stats are correct, but not the front tile that shows on the dashboard.
Best Answer