Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Goal Dots (Resolved)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 6/30/16

Please update to iOS App version 2.24.1 if you haven't already. This update has a fix for the hourly activity progress being displayed incorrectly on the new dashboard. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Fitbit Update 6/23/16

It was brought to our attention that some iOS users using the new dashboard preview are seeing either too many or too few dots on their Hourly Activity Goal tile. For both instances, I would recommend:

• Clicking the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.
  • Click Advanced Settings.
  • Toggle the 'Preview New Dashboard' off and then back on.

This temporary workaround should help until our team is able to implement a long-term fix for this issue.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've got great news! Please update to Fitbit iOS App version 2.24.1 if you haven't already, it contains a fix for hourly activity progress being displayed incorrectly on the new dashboard. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Thanks for everybody's patience while we worked this one out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I just updated my iPhone (5s) app to the newest version and my Hourly Activity Tile looks odd now. My hourly activity is tracked from 7am to 6 pm (12 hours)l, but the number of dots has doubled to 24. See the image below.

Is this by design or is there an issue with my app?  When I click on the tile, it shows just 12 dots for the 12 hours like normal. At first I thought Fitbit might have started tracking on the half hour as well, but the dots that are highlighted in the tile correspond to the hours that I've completed my 250+ steps (7, 8, and 11 so far).

image1 (6).PNG

Best Answer

Next time I opened my app, it looked like the image below. I logged out of the app then logged back in and now it's back to the first picture with too many dots. Anybody else have this happen? I'm trying to avoid a call to support if I can.

image1 (7).PNG

Best Answer
With the most recent update the tile outlining achieving 250 steps per hour doesn't display correctly. It normally has the gray dots over the guy for the number of hours you designate that turn pink when you hit the hourly goal. It just displays one dot currently
Best Answer
Mines doing the same thing. I tried logging out then back in and force closing the app then reopening it. It switches between only one dot and twice as many dots as there should be.
Best Answer
Yes. Mine has been doing this today
Best Answer
Mine's the same after last update. Hopefully be sorted out soon.
Best Answer
Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where the bubbles bunch up? It's only on the tile screen, when I click on it it seems to be normal
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit has been doing the step goal for 250+ with the occasional minimal delay but for the past three days it has not been logging them. My routine is very consistent and I went from 13-14 hours with 250+ steps to 0-1. How can I fix this?
Best Answer

The same has happened with mine! I am currently on a hiking trip and wanted to see my steps from the past 2 days and yet nothing shows up on my dashboard. This is quite frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too see a lot of dots. Too many I think. All since last update. 

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue but don't know how to fix it. I deleted the app and it's only normal the first time I open it. After that it's all messed up.
Best Answer

so after this last update the hourly steps tracker on my dashboard on my phone is showing 24 dots instead of the 12 that I have it set for.  Unless I knock my hours way back (considering it's asking for DOUBLE what I am setting it for), it's never going to go green again 😞

Is this a bug or some new feature that has yet to be completely unveiled?  A co-worker with the Blaze is also seeing the same thing on her dashboard on her phone - we both have iphones.

A little information on this and maybe some help to get it back to where it should be would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem since the FitBit 2.24 update for iOS. When I start the app, the Hourly Activity Tile shows twice as many dots (20) as number of hours I'm tracking (10). If I edit the number of hour I'm tracking, all the dots disappear. 

FitBit_iOS_1.jpg                     FitBit_iOS_2.jpg

Strangely, the correct number of dots appeared yesterday evening while I was trying to see if there was a way to restore correct function to this tile. I'm trying to reproduce the steps I took, but so far haven't been able to get it working again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so to get the Hourly Activity Tile to correctly display the dots, you can do this:

Tap Account > Advanced Settings > turn off Preview New Dashboard

then...

Tap Account > Advanced Settings > turn on Preview New Dashboard

It seems like this only works until the app restarts, which causes the tile's buggy display behavior to reappear.

Best Answer

I was seeing that yesterday for an hour or so but now I don't get any pink dots at all, just the 3 of 9 hrs.  I just was updated to 2.24 (531).  When I click on the tile, the dots are there, just not in the dashboard tile.  I miss my actual dots. Hope they fix this in the next update

Best Answer
For a couple of weeks on the main 'dashboard' I can only see today's however many hours out of X hours I've done, no matter what day I scroll back to.
Now I'm not getting the dots on the display. Just the little man and no. of hours. Anyone else having this issue. What can I do? I don't want to delete and reinstall app and lose all my data.
Best Answer
It keeps crashing and things keep appearing and disappearing since the new update. It's mainly the 250 steps an hour that keeps messing up. I have to turn off the new dashboard to be able to use the app. It has major issues and keeps crashing. And when scanning a barcode it still won't let me hit the save button. I have to hit save and add more at the bottom.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same deal.  Rebooting the device doesn't correct the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My wife and mine also have issues, we now see twice as May dots as there should be, I have 7 of 9 completed displayed but 18 dots on the graphic,
Best Answer
0 Votes