Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not working properly today after the time change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app is not working properly in the app for tracking hourly activity. 

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Mine either. Won’t let me reset my preferred hours. Won’t let let scroll though APP. Totally kicks me out if APP zig I try to scroll down. 

Best Answer

I spoke with Fitbit customer care earlier today. I had noted a problem with active minutes and called to report the issue. I was told that they were aware of a problem related to software and that work was being done to correct the problems. Fitbit expects the problems we are having to be resolved Sometime today or tomorrow. This is probably the best answer you will get and we will just have to wait until Fitbit has applied a Patch to the software or corrected the problem. I am a blind user and I have dictated this on my iPhone SE third generation running 17.4, and I hope that you will be able to , understand my ramblings. I am currently running Fitbit version 4.12 and use Apple‘s voiceover screen reading software so that I might access information on my iPhone. 

Best Answer

Same here 

Best Answer

this problem happens every time change which happens twice a year.  can’t do anything to fix the problem unless fitbit does some sort of app fix.  but tomorrow all will be back to proper functioning until the next time change in the fall.  Unless Fitbit finally has a way to fix the App but i wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the fix since it’s been this way for several years.  

Best Answer

Same here. You would think the tech people could handle the time change. As you said it happens every time the time changes.

Best Answer

Your message was received and is quite readable.   Thanks for posting.

I think that the app programmers didn't take into account the change to Daylight Saving Time.

OOPS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It boggles the mind that after all of these years, they still have this problem.  It shouldn't be that hard to fix, and yet twice a year on the time change, it shifts your active window and turns into a nightmare to get fixed to the time you want it to be.  Is it really that hard of a fix for their programmers?  Or are they just not trying?

It definitely has me thinking about switching to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
I just figured out a quick fix for this problem.
Uncheck the box in your clock settings for auto. Manually change the clock on your phone back 24 hours.
The app will work. Then go into the metrics list and edit the metrics list. Uncheck the box for daily activity.
Then go back in and set your time back to the auto setting.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Noticed the same as of this morning after time change. The setting seems to be three hours behind, and the Home Screen start time is 4hrs behind. Then the time shown in the details of the activity shows a completely different time range from both settings and Home Screen. 

Best Answer

That’s crazy! How do they not have this fixed by now, or at least out ahead of it by now….

Best Answer
It happens every time there’s a time change! Thought by now they would have
figured it out!
Best Answer
Did you see my post on how to temporarily fix it?

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I did see your post but I’ll just wait til tomorrow. It should be
back to normal by then. If not, then I’ll try your tip. Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you see my post that the app is crashing completely. We can’t access the settings at all- yet curiously, my husbands watch , app and phone which are the same as mine- are completely unaffected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I didn’t see your post. Other posters are saying this happens twice each year when the clocks change. I wonder if it affects international users? They also say it should be fixed by tomorrow. If not, then my post provides a simple solution for anyone who wants to use it. (No charge. 😇).

I guess if it’s not fixed tomorrow, you would have to turn your clock back two days in order to get the app to work so that you can deactivate the hourly activity switch. Once you get that switch deactivated, you can set your clock forward again to the correct time and date and the app will
work fine, but you just won’t get any hourly notifications.

Then I just set the alarm clock on my phone to go off every hours or whenever you like.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes my apple watch performs perfectly whenever there’s a time change.  i wear both when only one is necessary.  

i wish the fitbit techs would focus on resolving the time change bug fixed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The application crashes and the hourly activity time shift are two separate, maybe unrelated, issues. I suspect the application crashes have something to do with the recent application release (v4.12). The hourly activity time shift has been an issue for years. Evidently the code cannot handle 23 and 25 hour days. The time shift traditionally corrects itself the next day, but with google at the helm, who knows. If these two issues are related, maybe they will both be resolved tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Therev1953 

I'm curious; are your and your husbands iOS fitbit applications at the same version?

Settings (gear) > Help & Support

Best Answer

So far so good this morning! Things seem to be back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes