Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity tile showing the same information on previous days.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the 2.77 app update, I noted that whatever my hourly step goal is for today is now being copied to every previous day, regardless of what I did on the previous day.  The app used to keep my hourly step goal by day - might have 9 of 10 hourly goals one day 10 of 10 another day, 7 of 10 on a third day.  Every day was captured by day.

One on day my Fitbit lost power and I had a zero step count day - despite having ZERO steps for the day, the 250+ steps per hour shows that I hit my goals for 7 straight hours, which at a minimum would be 1750 steps and happens to be the exact hourly step goal I've hit today.   

Additionally, ever since update about 2.7 forward, the sync feature is ****extremley slow****.  Sometimes it takes almost 6 - 7 minutes plus to sync.   Reminds of me of the datasync with the old Palm handheld on an RS-232 serial bus.  Having a hard time understanding how all the recent updates are "performance and bug fixes", yet the app seems to get slower and more buggy with every update release.   

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please note that the tiles below the daily stats tile (steps, distance, calories burned, floors and active minutes) only show your most recent information, even if you're looking at your stats for another day. To view your stats for a previous day, tap the individual tiles to see your history (this is true for the Hourly Activity Tile as well). For more information about the new dashboard design, see the following help article: About the Fitbit App

With the day you did not use your Fitbit device but the hourly activity tile said you hit your goal, tell me, did this happen only one or is this a recurrent issue? More information will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Now, about the syncing issues you're experiencing. Please note that we have just released the version 2.79, so please update the Fitbit app and let us know if you're still having trouble syncing. If you notice the syncing is having trouble finishing, force-quit the app and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then that represents a loss of functionality as the tiles used be the totals for the day.  Been using a Fitbit for almost 3 years and I know how it used to work.

I am on 2.79 and its still extremly slow - took almost 5 minutes to sync today, with first sync of the day being thew worst. It goes about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way and then hangs for some time.  The older versions were faster and I had better day to day monitoring.  Seems like your updates and performance improvments are going in the wrong direction.  

UPDATE:

The one zero day was a one time issue.  Again, in the past all of the daily totals for the day were for that day.  I have never seen the tiles being the same on different days until a recent update.  Seems like Fitbit has broken something.  

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit app and how it works now. Please note that this change int the tiles it's not recent, it happened a long time ago. I understand this is not ideal for you and if you want to vote for this feature to be revised, check this suggested idea and leave your vote and comment on it, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

Now, when it comes to the time it takes to sync on the latest version of the app, I appreciate you have shared this information with me, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. 

Again, thanks for your feedback, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes