Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a custom exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I add a new exercise to my list, I want to add “curves” it’s a ladies gym 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Hello @MarcoGFitbit I recently logged a custom activity named "Push-ups" in my dashboard in fitbit.com.

Is it possible to pass it as an exercise shortcut in my Versa 2?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am trying to add Hulu hooping to the exercises on a charge three using an iPad please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn’t seem to work for me there is no place that allows me to do a custom activity that I can find on the charge three

Best Answer

Thanks that’s what I was thinking about doing just considering it a work out and making up my own amount of calories burned

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NikosT and @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Help forums.

@NikosT Sorry about the delay in answering your question.  You cannot add an exercise shortcut to the list.  Sorry.  You and @SunsetRunner can track these using the Workout option in the Exercise app.  I will tell you how to create a custom name for your exercise and you can re-categorize the exercise after you are done.  The important thing is that you create this custom name on the WEB dashboard.  Here are the steps:

• Track your exercise (push ups, hula hoop) using the Workout option in the Exercise app.
  • Go to your fitbit.com dashboard on a web browser (not the phone app).
  • Tap/click on the Log option at the top then Activities.
  • Tap on the pencil that is next to the word Workout.
  • A box will appear that says Edit, allowing you to change the name
  • Type in your choice.  When you type in push ups, hula hoop or any other choice not on the list, an option will appear in that box saying Create Custom Activity.  Tap/click on that.
  • A box will appear saying Create Custom Activity with a pink Add Activity.  Tap/click that.
  • Tap/click on Update.  That workout gets renamed.
  • For future workouts, track them as Workout on your Fitbit.  Now, when you are done, you can go to that workout on your phone app.  When you tap on that workout and then tap on Categorize Exercise, you can change it to push ups or hula hoop or whatever activity you created.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thanks I’ll certainly give a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

that worked... thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to have circuit training or workout as an exercise option on my Charge 3 tracker (these were available on Charge 2 - very easy to start the timer on each activity).  It looks like I can only choose from 

Walk Bike Run, Swim, Treadmill, Weights to select on the tracker and start the timer --??  Is there a way to customize the activities on my tracker and not have to manually add data after the exercise activities?  

If not, am very sorry I 'upgraded' to Charge 3, should have kept Charge 2 if this is the case. 

welcome feedback, 

Thanks,

Sarah 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to add a new exercise, but help support says click on LOG. Don't have that option on my Inspire. Other option is to click on Upper right but nothing happens. Is the Inspire some sort of less programmable fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think everyone knows how to add the exercise to list but our request is we would like to add the exercise that is not in fitbit list , we would like to add our customized exercise to exercise shortcut such as Badminton.

Best Answer

Hi,

I did as you suggested. I added a custom exercise. But through the app, I still don't see this custom exercise in the list of exercises to choose from. I want to be able to choose this exercise directly next time, instead of adding it manually every time I do it. Based on what you wrote above, it seems I should be able to do that? But why can't I?

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Leo

Best Answer

This is a good suggestion. However, the selection of exercises one can add is very limited. I cross-country ski and do other winter sports. I see numerous requests to add these winter activities in comments and polite responses from Fitbit reps suggesting this is “under consideration.” Considering these encouraging remarks from reps go back five years and more, I can only think that Fitbit has great PR, but is somewhat lacking in actually listening to these requests. Pity.

Best Answer

Yea, I get why this would be challenging from a dev perspective, but this is a doable feature.  Of course there could be a limit to the number of custom shortcut exercises one could put into the device as a compromise to the complexity of keeping a database on the device of custom exercises. 

But there are just way too many use-cases that makes this a great enhancement feature.  I use the Oculus Quest to work out, and I have a number of different apps for working out.  I would like to be able to track the relative effectiveness of each app, so I would like to be able to have an exercise shortcut based on the Oculus App name.  As it is, I have to assign the app to something like "swimming" and "bike" or "martial arts" and then remember what I chose when I finish my workout and go update my workout logs.  Definitely a pain - and the point of having a device like this is to make it easy to log activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to log on on my desktop computer to find it as i also didn't find it on my phone app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to this, I am a volunteer fire-fighter and don't wear my tracker when I'm doing thus, although expend quite a bit of energy. Is there anyway to create an activity that burns x calories per minute for example. So if I was to enter 60mins worth of work it would calculate a calorie total?

Currently I use a second app that does this, but would be great to do it all within one app

Best Answer
0 Votes