Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view distance (km) not steps in iOS app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am fairly new to Fitbit and have used my Alta for 2 weeks now. I regularly play sports (once a week) and it is automatically tracked as an exercise. When I look at my daily or weekly activity in the main dashboard or breakdown graphs on the iOS app I can only view the steps I've taken. How I can change this? I am able to toggle the options in the dashboard on my Mac to show km instead of steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@ivarletap wrote:

Hi,

I am fairly new to Fitbit and have used my Alta for 2 weeks now. I regularly play sports (once a week) and it is automatically tracked as an exercise. When I look at my daily or weekly activity in the main dashboard or breakdown graphs on the iOS app I can only view the steps I've taken. How I can change this? I am able to toggle the options in the dashboard on my Mac to show km instead of steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should have an activity tile for distance. If not scroll down to edit & add it to make it visible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ivarletap and @Dewy, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

The Alta uses the SmartTrack feature, that automatically recognizes exercises to ensure you get credit for your most active moments of your activity. However, SmartTrack only takes steps, duration and calories in consideration.

If you'd like to see your distance, I'd suggest to turn off SmartTrack on your tracker by going to Account > Exercise and tap on each Auto Recognized activity to disable Auto-recognize. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes