Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track protein through the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I was wondering if there's any way to track the amount of protein consumed through the app. I have recently downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, which angers me because I just paid $200+ device that should be able to do this. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this that I haven't figured out? Or If it is in the plans for a future update? 

Thank you for any help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @TylerThornhill, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

At this moment it's not possible to track specific macros such as protein using the Fitbit app. You can track them by logging your foods on the online Dashboard. If you're using MyFitnessPal, another option would be linking it with Fitbit to complement each other. 

To link your Fitbit and MFP apps:

1. Go to MyFitnessPal site and log in.
  2. Click on the Apps Section, search for Fitbit and click on Disconnect. 
  3. Log out from both MFP and Fitbit.

I understand your concern about tracking protein using the Fitbit app and that's why I would also like to recommend that you post your insight as a suggested idea where members of the Community can vote for it and add their comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for your, please keep me posted. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Thanks for the update! The only issue I have with using myfitnesspal to track my macros is that it takes double the time to log my food. Is there a way to automatically pair the two? I had both accounts connected and the steps were correct on both apps but my food didn't transfer
Best Answer
0 Votes