Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete messages?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I delete messages (cheers, taunts, etc) in my app?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided, as well as your efforts. I'm happy to share with you that you're able to delete the messages and notifications from the Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the notifications icon at the upper right corner.
  2. Swipe the notification or message to the left.
  3. Tap Delete.
  4. When prompted, tap Delete to remove that conversation.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. However, let me encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums if you have another question. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to improve our devices, features and overall Fitbit experience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

As far as I know, you can't. Logging out and back in again may work, I guess, but I haven't tried that personally.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I have trouble trying to send messages send button does not seem to want to work. Anyone else have this problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @montanaterbear and @Gellar01. Let me start by explaining that the messages, cheers or taunts will be automatically deleted after 30 days since there isn't a way to manually delete this information.

If you are having a hard time sending a message and you are using your mobile device, I recommend you reboot your phone and make sure you have the latest Fitbit app version installed. 

Give this a try and let me know if it helped. Robot Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
Thanks Melissa. I have been going nuts trying to find a way to delete manually Have A Great Day!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, deletion after 30 days is not correct. I have taunts from 49 days and older and messages going back 127 days. I would really like to get rid of these...
Best Answer
This issue was resolved by logging out and logging back in. For some reason, my messages and taunts would not go away until I logged out and logged back in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have messages from 87 days ago. I have the updated version of the app. I logged out and then logged back in and the messages are still there.  Are they in the process of making a way for a user to manually delete messages?

Best Answer

My messages from 99 days ago are still in the app, too. Even though they are read, I still get the red dot of unread messages notification in app.

Has there been a solution for this? I have already tried logging out of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hannna and @Natori4816, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us and have tried some troubleshoot steps already. Our team is aware of this situation affecting messages and the red dot on Notifications, even though they're working to resolve it, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really hope that they can fix this..... it's driving me crazy. I cant stand to have outstanding notifications. I know I'm just a little OCD but it makes me twitch....LOL

Best Answer

Hello @JayJC2222, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response. Please note that, as mentioned above, our team is still working on this situation and once we have more to share about this feature, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Messages were automatically deleting after 30 days up until the latest app update? Now ALL messages have returned which is really annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s not true because I’ve had messages on there for way more than 30 days and they are still there. It’s actually pretty aggravating!

Best Answer

I tried that and it didn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will we have the option to delete messages? People send so much rubbish thinking its a dating app! I dont want this on my phone. I just want to delete them 😞

Best Answer

I would like to get an actual current answer to this question. The response that messages disappear after 90 days or something like that is not accurate. I have messages that I have received over 150 days old that I cannot delete. The only option I am given is to report them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have messages from 12/2017, and can't delete them! All suggestions on this thread failed to help.

Best Answer

Will try that, thanks. For  the tips

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided, as well as your efforts. I'm happy to share with you that you're able to delete the messages and notifications from the Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the notifications icon at the upper right corner.
  2. Swipe the notification or message to the left.
  3. Tap Delete.
  4. When prompted, tap Delete to remove that conversation.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. However, let me encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums if you have another question. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to improve our devices, features and overall Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes